Advertiser: Gilchrist ConnellMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Who are we?
Gilchrist Connell is a leading Australian litigation and disputes firm with particular focus on the insurance industry. While our focus remains firmly on general insurance, employment and defendant-side dispute resolution, our corporate and commercial law team provides front-end solutions and advice for businesses throughout all stages of their life cycle. We have offices in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane, having tripled in size over the last decade.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant looking to step up in your career. You have the chance to really make this role your own and contribute to the continued growth of the firm. You will ideally be located in Adelaide but will support the firm nationally, reporting to and working closely with our Chief Financial Officer. Our intention is to provide a real opportunity for career progression, so that over time you will take an increasing responsibility for the firm’s Finance function.
Our high performing team are committed to excellence for our clients and stakeholders as well as managing your own lifestyle and wellbeing; we have high expectations of our work but also an understanding of when to let your hair down and switch off!
What will you do?
- Maintain financial aspects of employee records in our Affinity practice management system
- Daily review and resolution of any unreconciled items in Affinity
- Monitor bank account balances / position
- End of month journal entries
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheets
- Monthly reporting
- Time-recording management
- WIP management
- Debtor management
- Oversee trust account audits
Who are you?
Relationship building and strong stakeholder management skills, especially at executive level, will be key to your success in this role. Along with your ability to communicate effectively, and understand and partner with the business, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Around 2-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong MS Excel skills; and
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
What do we offer you?
No foosball tables sorry, or video games, ball pits, etc etc. We're not into cultural gimmicks and we don't need them – our culture is already pretty great. What we do offer:
- Responsibility for and meaning in your work. We’re all at work for the majority of our waking hours. You have to enjoy it!
- An expectation of work/life balance for you; please, no hanging around in the office to look like you’re working hard. Be efficient, get your work done, and leave to enjoy your personal life.
- A competitive salary.
If this all sounds of interest, tell us why you’re the right person to join us! Hit the Apply button to submit your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?