Advertiser: Thiess3.6604 out of 53.7 overall rating (374 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Other
Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
We have exciting opportunities available for experienced Storepersons at our QCoal Northern Hub Project. As our next Storeperson reporting to the Store Supervisor you will work collaboratively to deliver high-quality solutions and results. Some key responsibilities include:
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient operation of the warehouse by coordinating deliveries with carriers and adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain the stores efficiently and ensure the Inventory is optimised, so that parts and equipment for mobile fleet are available in order to meet organisational and maintenance targets.
- Ensure efficient operation of the warehouse by coordinating deliveries with carriers and adhering to schedules and deadlines Management of stores inventory and coordination of periodic stock takes
- General housekeeping of warehouse and laydown area
Roster and Location
- 7 on 7 off roster with full camp facilities provided.
- QCoal Northern Hub is situated one hour south of Bowen in the lifestyle location of the beautiful Whitsunday Coast, and only a few minutes from the township of Collinsville.
- Extensive experience within a Storeperson role is essential
- High Risk Forklift Licence is required
- A Tertiary Qualification in Warehousing/Procurement would be highly regarded
- Exceptional organisational, communication and time management skills
- Proficiency in JD Edwards, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is vital
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety Act, Regulations and where applicable Codes of Practice
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.