Senior Management Consultant, Program & Project Delivery, Sydney
Advertiser: IceniMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $100,000 - $130,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
This is an opportunity for an employee to join a boutique Sydney based consultancy that has exciting plans for the future. Iceni is committed to working with clients who have a public good or public service outcome.
Your contribution will help further grow the business based on your leading edge, innovative expertise in specialist areas of public service delivery or portfolio, program & project delivery. Iceni anticipates that your previous experience, whether overseas or locally, will be valued by organisations going through major transformations.
Grounded in delivering project, program or change management related services advising clients to achieve greater efficiency and solve organisational problems - you also have experience in delivering strategy, creating innovative solutions, cultivating organisation wide collaboration and adapting for clients who work in an agile manner.
You will be providing services to clients in the Government, Not for Profit and For Purpose sectors relating to defining, establishing and delivering complex programs and projects (mainly relating to transformation, infrastructure, property and assets).
Iceni has three core business streams: project development, project integration & transformation.
Key client responsibilities are expected to include:
Translating client needs and requirements into a scope of work and implementation plan that delivers tangible outcomes
Ensuring alignment with relevant strategic frameworks, policies or ministerial directions
Applying best practice methodologies to build capability and improve performance
Disseminating relevant information from existing client documentation including strategies, policies, contracts, business cases, reports, processes etc
Seeking input from a broad range of stakeholders and interested parties through:
- Facilitating focused workshops
- Delivering presentations with high quality supporting materials
- Chairing or leading meetings
- Conducting interviews
Regularly engaging in open dialogue with clients to ensure any risks and issues are communicated as they arise
Developing high quality reports, briefings and other documentation that concisely describe the situation, proposed solution and recommendations
Moving the client to action with a plan to implement the strategic recommendations and manage the execution
Monitoring and reporting on the progress of assignments, providing visibility to ensure outcomes are achieved on time, within budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope
Building client skills, expertise and internal relations to ensure ongoing success post assignment conclusion
Key Iceni responsibilities are expected to include:
- Growing existing contracts through project extensions and proactively identifying client needs
- Assisting with Iceni’s business development and operational activities including administration, research, preparation of proposals, attending meetings and prospect presentations
- Guiding junior team members
- Attending networking events
- Sharing knowledge and lessons learned with team members and other Government clients
- Ensuring comprehension of quality management system and understanding of their role in achieving quality outcomes.
This position will based at Iceni's base in Sydney CBD or at the client's office.
- University degree
- Post graduate qualifications are also desirable
- Practitioner level qualifications and experience of best practice methodologies in project, program and/or change management
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience ideally in a consulting or public service role
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of program and project delivery, policy and strategy creation and business analysis
- Experience of navigating large organisations and building relationships with a variety of clients and stakeholders, including politicians, senior civil servants, government departments, not for profit organisations, charities and businesses
- Previous exposure to large government transformation programs and projects and the challenges faced in addressing rapidly changing financial, cultural and social changes. Experience of applying change management and government transformation frameworks to redesign services, restructure an organisation and adopt new ways of working
- Previous experience of delivering programs or projects to promote gender equality in the workplace and/or women in technology
Skills & Abilities:
- A natural, confident leadership style with the ability to foster and maintain strong relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence and have excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to innovate and solve complex problems
- Strong expertise in project, program and/or change management
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships
- The ability to be adaptable and work well under pressure
- The ability to propose and represent complex ideas in simple visuals and easy to follow reports
- Excellent written skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Project Software
- Have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Strong desire to work in consulting in the Government, Not for Profit and For Purpose sectors
- Comfortable with contributing to business development activities
Striving for excellence – what we expect from our team:
- Passion: a visible and infectious drive to deliver great outcome
- Pride: placing a personal stake in what you do
- Integrity: building the trust of your clients and colleagues
- Positivity: using your personal influence for the greater good
- Professionalism: standing shoulder to shoulder with our larger competitors
- A competitive day-rate and incentive structure
- A recently established organisation where you have the opportunity to be instrumental in our future growth
- A values-driven organisation where we are motivated by delivering services that benefit the public good
- A rewarding team spirit with a culture of empowerment and recognition
- Opportunities for learning and growth
- A flexible and balanced approach to work
Junitha and Georgina are like-minded individuals who joined together to start the company. They form the Iceni leadership team.
Junitha Giles, Director
Strategist and Business Case expert.
Junitha thrives on assignments with complexity and ambiguity. She enjoys working with stakeholders to understand what is really important and the root cause of issues - ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and gain maximum buy–in.
She is passionate about collaboration, sharing knowledge, and facilitating cohesive working across the organisations with which she works.
She is experienced in designing organisational transformations, and building program and project management capability. She has worked within the government, infrastructure and property sectors both in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Georgina Legoe, Director
Transformation and Sustainability Expert
Georgina is a highly experienced program manager; sustainability specialist; and transformational change advisor - in Australia and internationally. Takes a practical and outcomes-focused approach, to ensure pragmatic, sustainable solutions can be delivered.
Adept at grasping new business environments and issues, with experience across diverse sectors including transport, procurement, shared services, infrastructure, property, construction, telecommunications, resources, utilities and retail.
Georgina is a 'hands-on' operator, who thrives in a challenging environment characterised by complexity and multiple stakeholder groups.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?