Advertiser: Strata Community InsuranceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
Strata Community Insurance is a privately owned underwriting agency that specialises in Strata and Community Title insurance. Established in 2014, it has rapidly expanded to include over 80 staff in 5 branches across Australia, representing over 300 years of collective strata insurance experience.
Experience and exceptional customer service is the foundation of our business. Strata Community Insurance prides itself on its staff, which include some of the best market managers, underwriters, claims, and legal people in this niche market sector. There is no one who knows more about strata than we do. The founders of Strata Community Insurance created the first ever strata insurance policy in Australia in 1978, and went on to do the same in some of the world's most challenging insurance markets – the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the Middle East. Since then it's fair to say that most coverage innovations enjoyed in strata insurance today were designed and introduced by our founders.
Strata Community Insurance today carries on this proud heritage – continually adapting our products in line with emerging exposures, new laws and regulations, and developments that affect our customers – while staying at the forefront of regulatory and legislative change and being actively involved in various State and Federal law reviews.
As a company, Strata Community Insurance is committed to maintaining not only excellent customer service but also employee satisfaction. Strata Community Insurance is highly committed to recruiting the best people, and developing and rewarding them. We create an environment that encourages our people to work, grow and succeed. We promote professional development and realistic career progression in order to have the best people in our company.
We are now seeking an Underwriter for our Brisbane office to support our growing Underwriting team. As a key member of our Brisbane Team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent service to customers
- Handling queries in relation to products
- Developing relationships with our customers by managing your own portfolio
- Assisting with processing renewal notices and providing new business quotes
- General administrative duties
Working with a team of motivated and committed individuals, you will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years Strata/Property insurance experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Strong focus on customer service
- Willingness to learn about the strata industry
As detailed above, the successful applicant should have a minimum 2 years' experience in the insurance industry. Tier 2 qualifications will be highly regarded but are not essential.
You will be a team player who is enthusiastic, self motivated and passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
If you are interested in joining an exciting and growing team and want to make a real contribution in a down to earth organisation, please apply now!
To apply for this role, please send your curriculum vitae to Con Iconomidis at email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an underwriter?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?