Technical Customer Support Officer
Advertiser: QBD The Bookshop3.6875 out of 53.7 overall rating (48 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Technical Customer Support Officer
- Customer Technical Support role – Richlands, Brisbane
- Permanent Salary Position
- Fixed Hours per week. Daily hours by negotiation.
- Immediate Start for the right candidate
About The Company:
QBD Books is Australia's largest specialty book retailer. Australian owned and operated, since 2016 the company has expanded from a network of 54 to 77 stores located in major shopping centres in every Australian state. With a database of over 2 million titles across all genres, a huge range on the shelf in store and online.
About the role:
QBD Books is looking for a smart, friendly, tech-savvy candidate with a love of helping customers and fellow staff. You will also contribute to the development and implementation of new solutions with the internal IT team.
You’ll report to both the IT and Customer Service teams and provide advanced support to both our valued customers and internal store, office and warehouse staff.
This role will suit an individual that has a proactive, customer-centric approach to technical support. You will have experience with, and enjoy, entry level programming and scripting, database systems and out of the box problem solving.
- Providing escalated customer technical support to retail customers and store staff with our relevant internal systems.
- Responding to incoming calls, emails and tickets in a timely and friendly manner.
- Identifying recurring issues, investigating, documenting and referring to systems developers for resolution. You will also be involved in the development and testing of new systems.
- Administration of a range of systems and accounts
- Liaison with relevant internal departments as well as 3rd party suppliers
- Any other tasks reasonably asked of you.
You will be familiar with the following technologies:
- Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Linux Server Operating Systems (not essential, but advantageous)
- Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Google Docs (Sheets)
- Scripting Languages (Batch/Bash, Python or similar)
- Relational Database Systems (MySQL/MSSQL or similar)
To be considered for this position, you must have either:
- A Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (IT, Engineering) AND Customer Service Experience
- OR 2-3 years experience in a similar position AND be able to demonstrate relevant technical skills, including experience in at least one programming language.
You must also have a current QLD Drivers License and your own transport. Occasional travel may be required. You will be reimbursed for any work related travel.
Salary and working hours are negotiable for the right candidate.
The role is based in Richlands, the occasional opportunity may arise for travel and out of office work.
To apply for this role, please submit a PDF ONLY 1-2 page resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications close Midnight 29th May 2020.
Successful first round candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview.
Unsuccessful first round candidates will not be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?