Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Advertiser: Neumann ContractorsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
About the business
Neumann Contractors has been operating for over 50 years. One of the company's primary businesses is contract dredging for clients including Port authorities, Local and State Governments, mining companies and land developers. Other key business activities include plant management, equipment manufacture, fabrication and coatings, and sand extraction & processing.
About the role
A great opportunity for a Procurement & Logistics Assistant with heavy equipment industry experience who will be tasked with supporting our Plant Division personnel with procurement, logistics and administrative services.
- Assist with the control of all inward and outward goods and services, checking for quality and accuracy of supply. Complete all required QA documentation & processes.
- Assist with delivery and pick up of goods ordered.
- Resource, negotiate and procure value for money, quality goods and services within the company guidelines and procedures.
- Administer the logistical process of all goods and services procured.
- Safely load and unload, pack and strap all inwards and outwards goods, to conform to the transport chain of responsibility.
- General housekeeping of goods received, store & general procurement work areas.
- Administer and monitor all aspects of stock control.
- Record critical information of all goods and services to allow accurate future reference.
- Administer, accurately process and cost all aspects of procurement to meet end of month financial close off and supplier terms of payment.
- Provide administrative support as required.
Training will be provided
- Computer ERP procurement systems.
- WHS compliance monitoring and record keeping.
Skills and experience
Skills and Experience
- General understanding and experience in heavy equipment industries, including marine, dredging, manufacturing, plant & equipment and earthmoving.
- Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to organise and plan work schedule with limited supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective procurement and administration processes.
- Motor Vehicle Licence
- Forklift Licence (desirable)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?