Law Graduate/ParalegalPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
A busy West End Law firm is seeking a Law Graduate/Paralegal to join their very busy litigation team. Ideally, someone who has yet to complete or is completing their PLT. The firm values work life balance, mentoring, inclusiveness and has a strong supportive culture. The successful candidate would be considered for a solicitor role upon admission.
The role primarily involves matters dealing with Native Title, Aboriginal Cultural Heritage, Planning and Environment and Commercial, you will be working under and directly with solicitors and senior solicitors.
The position will include tasks including but not limited to:
- Drafting court documents, memorandums of advice and correspondence;
- Engaging in research tasks;
- Completing administration duties;
- Compiling briefs to Counsel;
- Attending client meetings and court hearings; and
- Working with a file management system.
The successful applicant will be efficient, have very strong communication skills, work extremely well in a team, reliable, able to work under pressure and have a strong interest in litigation, human rights and social justice. Ideally, the candidate would be proficient using Microsoft Office and have work experience -- not necessarily limited to the legal profession.
If you are interested, please upload your resume and academic transcript via Seek. We look forward to receiving your application.