Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Advertiser: Kapow! RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Do you have a desire to work for an organisation that is making a truly positive impact on the community?
Our exceptional client are a passionate and dedicated not for profit organisation who have been supporting people with disability to help achieve their goals for over 60 years. Established in 1958 by a passionate group of parents of children with intellectual disabilities, this organisation focuses on providing opportunity and equality for people with disability within the Nepean, Hawkesbury and lower Blue Mountains community regions. Their vision is a powerful one where they want to ‘ensure that all people with a disability live in a community where equality is a way of life’.
We are now seeking a highly experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to join their team based in Werrington NSW. The role is hands on and requires someone who thrives in leadership and management, with the ability to lead and work effectively to achieve outcomes in a multi-disciplinary team environment. This position will report directly to the Chair of the Board and indirectly to the Board of Directors and is an essential part of the business. We are not only seeking someone who is experienced within their field of expertise but someone who will have heart and passion in making their own positive impact on this organisation.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide day to day management of all business functions whilst providing leadership and management to the entire team
- Oversee all business operations and daily business activities to produce desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission
- Liaise with relevant State, Federal and Local Government departments, agencies and bodies to meet the requirements of those entities and maximise benefits
- Build trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Provide strategic advice to the Board and strategic direction to the activities of the Foundation
- Consistently report to the Board regarding compliance and statutory obligations and keep the Board advised of it’s position
- Preparation of annual budgets and reports as well as management of all Foundation activities and finances
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a CEO or other equivalent managerial position
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing company vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principals
- Exceptional people-management, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work and build relationships with Service recipients, industry, government and other stakeholders
- Experience in working with the public and private sectors
- Knowledge of working with a not for profit organisation is desirable
- Police check and working with children check will be essential
- Relevant tertiary qualifications required
If you feel this is the role for you then please send your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online TODAY!
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?