Technical Support Engineer
Advertiser: Trafalgar Fire ContainmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven engineer who is willing to work as part of our engineering team to provide additional technical resources to a growing, family owned Australian supplier and manufacturer of passive fire protection systems.
The role is being advertised both for graduate level engineers and/or engineers with some years of general engineering experience to join an existing team with significant resources focused on the testing and development of passive fire protection systems.
About the business
Trafalgar Group is a proud manufacturer and distributor of passive fire protection products to the building and construction industries for 75 years throughout Australia and New Zealand. The company is a market leader in the passive protection sector known for innovation and strong customer support. Trafalgar’s core values include:
1. People & Community
2. Partnership Focused
3. Trust & Quality
4. Safety & Sustainability
The Trafalgar Group head office and Trafalgar manufacturing facility are both located in South Granville in western Sydney, supplemented by offices and warehouse in Queensland.
About the role
General Role Description
This role has been created with a focus on 3D CAD drawings for various projects both internal and external, assisting with the preparation of R&D fire testing, generation of technical literature and providing engineering support to our customer’s technical inquiries via phone, email and face to face site on site visits. More broadly the role will involve taking responsibility for various duties within the Technical Department including other ad-hoc duties as required by the business.
The successful applicant should look forward to a challenging opportunity as they learn about the industry, our business, the products that we supply and manufacture and aim to become an essential part of our team.
This role is to be based in the NSW South Granville office.
Responsibilities of the role holder include, but are not limited to:
- CAD design, modeling and technical drawings for internal and external use
- Generation of technical and/or marketing literature
- Fire test preparation and installation
- Receive, log and respond to technical inquires
- Provide technical information and solutions to customers via phone and email and on site
- Liaise with the manufacturing arm of the business
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Following the company's Work Health and Safety policies and procedures and being proactive in ensuring a safe and healthy worksite for yourself and others
Skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- Enthusiastic approach to their engineering career
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident oral communication skills
- Positive customer service attitude
- Proactive, and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised at times
- Competent in the use of 3D CAD Packages such as Solidworks
- Skilled with Microsoft office
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, suppliers and fellow employees
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Mechatronic or Civil).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?