Deputy General Manager of Operations - Tasmania
Advertiser: PossabilityMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
Reporting directly to the General Manager Operations, you will be an exceptional, strong and diverse leader, who is contributes to the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
The role is responsible for supporting the strategic success of the organisation through the design and delivery of the Possability Strategic Plan. The position provides leadership and both strategic and operational expertise to the Executive team on all matters related to service delivery and growth within the organisation.
In this role you will:
- Understand and demonstrate leadership that exhibits a high standard of practice, validating and enabling coaching, mentoring and appraisal to developing leaders.
- Ensure behaviours of all staff are consistent with the organisations vision, mission, values and practice framework in all actions and interactions, underpinned by clarity of what the culturally valued analogue of our suite of services means for the community and the people we serve.
- Proactively contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives by providing expert advice on matters of complexity within the role’s key area/s and the broader sector.
- Recognise the critical nature of natural supports required to build community connections and create a workforce culture that cultivates those.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of innovative and individualised service models with a specific focused on accommodation and respite models within an NDIS and state government framework.
Essential skills required
- Relevant tertiary qualification recognised by Possability and/or substantial industry experience at state management level.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic level consultations with senior levels of government, other organisations, peak bodies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic objectives for operational divisions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising a state-wide team to achieve required strategic and operational outcomes, especially in the provision of accommodation and respite services.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
A position description and online application form is available at possability.com.au/careers/.
Please submit your application by 5pm 5th June 2020. Applications are required to be submitted online at the Possability website (not Seek).
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.