IT Systems Administrator
Advertiser: John Septimus Roe Anglican Community SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2020
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract
(6 months initially)
John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School is a dual campus, co-educational, Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 School with an enrolment of 1719 students in 2020.
We are seeking an IT Systems Administrator:
- Willing to work at all IT support levels from 1 to 3.
- Strong foundational experience (building PCs. virus removal, windows desktop support, hardware and software troubleshooting, printer & queue config, etc.)
- Experience administering Group Policy, AD, DNS, DHCP, Windows Server and O365.
- Excellent device and systems trouble shooter.
- Passionate about IT, self-motivated, imaginative problem solver.
- The right candidate will be the go-to person in their current team or workplace for harder problems, known as the person who can get things done and solve what others can't.
- Looking to move on or up from existing junior/sysadmin job to one with wider scope and expanded learning opportunities.
- Ready to do a lot of self-learning and discovery in own time to get up to speed in the role.
- Ready to take responsibility as 2IC and act as backup for the IT Manager during periods of absence.
- Good at working in a close-knit team environment.
- Quick learner.
- Great work life balance - 8am-4pm official hours with infrequent after hours requirements.
- Time in lieu for overtime.
- Friendly school environment.
- Work with a smart, proactive and dedicated team.
- Great learning opportunities - huge variety of technologies and complex environment without strict corporate restrictions.
- Lots of room for self-improvement via self-learning and on-the-job training.
- Opportunity to learn project management, change control, network management, cisco switching, Hyper-V, much more.
- Enhance learning in system administration - Windows servers, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365.
- Enhance learning in network administration - Cisco switches, CUCM, Cisco phones, wireless.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance and Working With Children Check.
- Must have own car and current applicable driver's license.
- Experience as system administrator preferred.
- Good grades from a secondary or tertiary educational institution preferred.
- Be able to work in Australia and have a good command of the English language.
- Must be physically capable of working on ladders and lifting and carrying computers and AV equipment.
- Must be willing to work in dusty and hot environments.
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to refer the School website: https://www.jsracs.wa.edu.au/our-school/employment/
for an Employment Application Form and to see other School and employment application information.
Please note that the JSRACS Employment Application Form and the names of two referees is required to be included with your application.
Applications close: 4.00pm Monday 1 June 2020
A School of the Anglican Schools Commission (Inc)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?