Housekeeping & Laundry Supervisor with Receptionist duties
Advertiser: Dogs Breakfast Trading Company Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 May 2020
- Central & South East TAS
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Housekeeping
Award: Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010 (MA000009)
Classification: Level 3, Guest Service Grade 3
Reports To: The Operations Manager
This is a casual position with a dual role. We hope to transition this role into a part time position providing 30+ hours per week, once our business recovers from the devastating effects of the Covid-19 restrictions. Our business is set to reopen to the public on 15 June 2020.
Full position descriptions for each role are available on request.
A Housekeeping & Laundry Supervisor manages the daily activities of the Housekeeping and Laundry teams to ensure quality and safety controls are in place. They are responsible for operational objectives and meeting company standards. The person in this role must be respectful, consistent, honest, hands on and knowledgeable and possess initiative.
When rostered in reception you will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming, and efficient service to all guests, in line with the companies vision, values and customer service. The main purpose of this role is to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the reception team to maintain a smooth and accurate room bookings service.
For this dual role you will need the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience in hospitality or similar industry.
- Experience in recruiting, rostering and supervising a team.
- A positive attitude with skills to support and develop a team.
- Exceptional customer service skills including excellent written & verbal communication.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to use relevant software for the management of guest reservations and payments
- Excellent time management
- High level attention to detail and ability to embrace and uphold company standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Must hold a current unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for this role all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment National Police Clearance Check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?