Assistant in Nursing
Advertiser: Prescare2.9831 out of 53.0 overall rating (59 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 May 2020
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- $21.18 - $24.40 per hour + penalty rates + super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Aged Care
Who we are
Alexandra Gardens is a 94 bed, residential aged care facility in Nth Rockhampton. Over the past 50-years we have provided care and support to hundreds of older Australians, and what we’ve learnt is that everyone is unique. So at Alexandra Gardens that’s how we treat you
About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent part-time Assistant in Nursing to work at our Residential Facility.
As an AIN you will work across a wide range of shifts, including morning, afternoon and night shift.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, compassionate and experienced as an AIN or Carer in Residential Aged Care.
You will have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work in a team and independently, sound interpersonal skills and a commitment to a continuous improvement approach.
To be successful in this role, the following qualifications and/or experience are essential:
- Certificate III in Aged Care Work or Home & Community Care or equivalent
- Experience in Residential Aged Care
- Demonstrated up-to-date knowledge and skills in contemporary aged care services
- Previous experience working in a dementia unit will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards and their application
- Annual influenza vaccination is a requirement of this role
- You will be required to undergo a national police check prior to commencement.
The successful applicant will need to have the ability to work weekends and be available to work across all shifts.
Benefits for You:
PresCare know that our People are the key to the success of our services, and creating a great workplace culture. We are committed to being an employer of choice and for professionals in our industry. As a PresCare team member you will have access to a wide range of benefits including;
- Salary packaging options that reduce your tax and increase your nett income
- Corporate staff discounts
- Support and mentoring from your Manager
- Ongoing development and training
- A health and wellbeing program that helps you and your family "be your best you"
The PresCare Group welcomes the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. It is a vital step for Australia to determine how we can meet the challenges and the opportunities of delivering aged care services now and into the future.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?
- Are you willing to have an influenza vaccination each year?
- How many shifts are you wanting to work each fortnight?
- Are there any days, times or shifts you are NOT available for? i.e. mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends,
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.