Carer Training and Support Officer (Aboriginal Identified)
Advertiser: KARIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jun 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $80,000 - $93,060
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Carer Training and Support Officer
Salary package up to $93,060
(Inclusive of $80,000 base salary, leave loading, superannuation and salary sacrifice opportunities)
KARI is one of the largest accredited Aboriginal Out of Home Care (OOHC) services in NSW. There is currently the opportunity to join our ever-growing Team located at Liverpool. The Carer Training and Support Officer will be responsible for development and coordination of our carer training strategy to support the needs and trends of KARI carers.
Are you a motivated and Dynamic worker who is looking to empower and advance skill building with our carers?
Do you have the strong desire to engage in relationship building with internal and external stakeholders?
The person we are looking to employ must have the following attributes:
- Qualifications which may include University or TAFE certification that is relevant to the position. Minimum qualification for this position is at a Diploma level.
- High level demonstrated knowledge of the Permanency support program (PSP)
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Possession of a current NSW Driver’s license – Minimum P2
- Willingness to Undertake a National Police check
- Current Working with Children’s Check
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in design, planning and presentation of training and development
- TAA04 Cert IV in training and assessment and/or Assessment and workplace training
- Cert IV in Community services (or higher) with demonstrated relevant experience in the sector
- Experience in identifying training needs and analysing gaps
If you have experience working with Aboriginal children, young people, families or communities, we want to hear from you. We are looking for dedicated and motivated people to join our team and help us make a difference to the lives of children and families in their time of need.
For more information on the Carer Training and Support Officer position, please contact Wendy Dargan on email@example.com
Please Note: Roles which involve directly providing programs and services to Aboriginal people for the purposes of promoting their welfare are considered to be ‘Aboriginal identified roles’ and are as such restricted to Aboriginal people only. This is permitted under Section 14(d) of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?