PM FORKLIFT OPERATOR / DOCKHAND
Advertiser: XL Express2.8846 out of 52.9 overall rating (26 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Celebrating 30 years in 2020, our privately-owned Australian company operates in the break bulk, 3PL and road express verticals offering our customers seamless logistics solutions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PM Forklift Operator / Dockhand to join our team at Tullamarine.
This is an opportunity for ongoing year round work.
Duties will include:
- Accurate scanning and recording of freight;
- Lifting, carrying and sorting express parcel freight items;
- Ensuring all goods received are stored in the appropriate area;
- Assisting with Loading/Unloading trucks;
- General duties;
- To actively cooperate with all other personnel so as to promote an efficient and friendly working environment.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A current Licence to Perform High Risk Work (forklift licence);
- At least 2 years experience operating a forklift in a high volume environment;
- Demonstrated experience with loading and unloading interstate transport and linehaul;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to safely perform fast paced work;
- The ability to work as an effective cooperative team member;
- The drive and ability to attend for work on time every day;
- The ambition to pursue ongoing transport & logistics work.
To apply - press the APPLY button now
XL Express is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all candidates who are 18 years of age or older and who have the right to work in Australia.
XL Express maintains a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace. Pre-employment and ongoing random testing will apply.
No Agencies please – our fabulous in-house recruitment team have got this one covered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?