Associate Environmental Consultant
Advertiser: IEMAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jun 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
IEMA is an Environmental Management and Advisory Consulting firm based in Lake Macquarie, NSW. Our office is centrally located in Lake Macquarie close to the beaches and is only 20 mins south of the Newcastle CBD. Work life balance is important to us, so care has been taken to set up the business from the get go, with full online capabilities and access such that there is flexibility enabling working from home or from site.
Currently employing 6 staff, we pride ourselves in having experienced professionals who are leaders in our fields of expertise. The firm currently works across a number of sectors with both private and public sector clients.
Check out our website at www.iema.com.au to see our core capabilities which include:
- Project Management,
- Mine Closure Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk Management
- Environmental Approvals; and
- Environmental Management Systems.
In a short period of time we have established repeat clients in Australia and New Zealand. In this role as a senior member of the team you will work across a range of projects with opportunities to work in several sectors and geographical locations.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following:
- a degree in environmental planning, science, engineering or related disciplines;
- minimum 10 years of technical experience (within a consultancy would be an advantage not essential);
- demonstrated project management and project delivery experience with an ability to work independently and be able to communicate and interact confidently within our team and to our clients;
- have a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- show an ability to be able to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to develop recommendations for clients;
- an appreciation of relevant State and Commonwealth planning and environmental legislation;
- good client relationship experience and skills identifying and developing business opportunities; and
- be highly organised and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
IEMA offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in a start-up environment with the opportunity to get in at the front end of an exciting business and be part of something fun and fulfilling. We are committed to our staff, clients and the community in which we work. Our motto is "...relationships, quality work and sensible outcomes..."
If you believe that you meet the requirements above, please go ahead and submit your application via email to email@example.com. we would love to hear from you. Please quote reference “Associate Env Consultant“ in the email title.
Please note, to have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply. Applications close on Friday, 18 July 2020.
IEMA is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and flexibility in the workplace.
****Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted****
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?