Venue Manager @ MJØLNER (Speakeasy Group)
Advertiser: Speakeasy Consulting ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
About the business
Mjølner Melbourne https://mjolner.com.au/melbourne is a place where sophistication and opulence meet historic Viking features and contemporary Scandinavian design across two expansive levels. Boasting an 80-seat restaurant complete with exquisite private dining rooms on the first floor and a fully seated basement speakeasy bar below. Mjølner is created in Thor's image and delivers a unique and indulgent dining experience, offering guests escapism and the enjoyment of fine food and world class beverage.
About the role
The venue manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day to day operations of the venue in its entirety. This includes both front of house and back of house operations.
First and foremost, the venue manager is to ensure the product offered to our guests is nothing short of perfect and to the exact standards expected by the directors.
The venue manager will oversee the roles and responsibilities of all staff under their management ensuring that all members of staff within the venue are achieving to their fullest potential and to the guidelines of each individual job description.
The venue manager will be the point of contact for the directors of the company for any and all matters relating to the business.
Benefits and perks
- Mentorship from directors with deep roots in the hospitality industry.
- Work in a venue that champions creative projects. We have recently bottled our own whisky and produced our own cookbook / cocktail book with more planned in the future.
- A fun, hard-working & supportive environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Access to world class training program Ananas
- Work with people that genuinely love what they do and want to share their passion with you!
Skills and experience
- Genuine interest and passion for the restaurant and bar industry
- Ability and drive to lead an enthusiastic team
- Wonderful customer service skills, must be able to set and maintain high standards for staff to follow
- Creativity and flair to deliver memorable experiences to each and every guest
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- High standards of presentation for both yourself and your work
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
- Experience with staffing, budgets and P&L management
- High level product knowledge of food, wine, cocktails and spirits.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?