MSA Beef Grader
Advertiser: Bindaree Food GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jun 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Production, Planning & Scheduling
An opportunity currently exists within our Inverell processing plant Production team for a proactive, flexible and energetic MSA Beef Grader.
Reporting to the Boning Room Manager, the successful candidate will be required to grade beef carcasses and individual cuts to AUS-MEAT standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Each carcass being identified and graded according to AUS-MEAT Chiller Assessment and MSA Grader criteria;
· Ensuring all AUS-MEAT chiller assessment pre-conditions are adhered to; and
· Any other duties as requested by the Boning Room Manager.
Required skills & experience:
· Mandatory – full colour vision;
· AUS-MEAT accreditation is desirable but not essential;
· Sound technical knowledge of carcass anatomy, meat processing and regulatory compliance;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with limited supervision;
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact and collaborate with people at all levels and build and maintain valuable relationships;
· Knife skills would be highly desired;
· Be dependable and reliable, and have the ability to work a flexible schedule;
· Have strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to perform under pressure, prioritise and handle multiple tasks and adapt to change when necessary; and
· Sound computer and data entry skills.
Pre-employment screening, including AFP criminal record check, may be undertaken on the person who is being recommended for appointment.
On the job and external training will be provided.
If this sounds like the job for you and to apply for this permanent opportunity, please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact our Human Resources team on (02) 6721 1411.