Advertiser: TalentShift Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Building Trades
For over 10 years, Dividing Line Fencing have specialised in building quality fences, providing expert advice and superior workmanship. Combining exceptional customer service and quality fencing solutions, Dividing Line Fencing pride themselves on being a leader in their field. With business booming, we’re on a mission to find the best talent to support growth.
As a valued member of the team, your tasks can be strenuous, repetitive, and physical in nature and will include:-
- Liaising with customers in a polite and professional manner.
- Measuring and laying out fence lines and marking posthole positions.
- Digging postholes using shovels, posthole diggers, and power-driven tools.
- Concreting around bases of posts, aligning and embedding posts, ensuring they are plum.
- Tightening wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attaching fencing to frames.
- Assembling gates and fastening gates into position.
- Operating various machinery and power tools including a tractor and a chain saw.
- Other general labouring duties as directed.
As a hardworking individual who understands the importance of teamwork and exceptional customer service, some of your other talents and attributes include:
- A solid work ethic, a positive “can-do” attitude and excellent communication skills
- Being well presented and neat and tidy in appearance
- Experience in operating heavy machinery and the ability to operate powered hand tools safely and competently
- Strong visuospatial and measurement skills, and high attention to detail; and
- An ability to perform a broad variety of physical/ manual tasks.
To be considered for this position you will have:-
- A “C” class manual drivers’ licence and a current Construction White Card
- Extensive experience in carpentry or fence installation
- A current National Police Clearance certificate
- Heavy machinery tickets and relevant machinery operating experience preferred but not essential.
Please note, as part of the selection process you will be required to undergo various pre-employment checks including a medical assessment and drug and alcohol testing.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive family business where you will be rewarded with employee perks and a commitment to ongoing support to develop your talents and skills in every way.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What is the maximum weight that you are comfortable and able to lift?