YALANJI ARTS MANAGER
Advertiser: Balkanu Cape York Corporation Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jun 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
Bamaga Bubu Ngadimunku Aboriginal Corporation
Bamaga Bubu Ngadimunku Aboriginal Corporation (BBN) is the 'not for profit' incorporated association that represents the cultural, social and economic aspirations of the Mossman Gorge Aboriginal Community.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our innovative team as the Yalanji Arts Manager to develop artists and art workers who can produce both fine art works and art gift products of a standard and price suitable for exhibition and sale through these local retail outlets.
The Yalanji Arts Manager will be responsible for growing the commercial side of Yalanji Arts. Mossman Gorge Art Centre is somewhat different to many other Art Centres in that it is in a discrete community where the interaction with tourists and customers is through the Mossman Gorge Centre (MGC) just outside the Community. The MGC attracts approx. 350,000 tourists visitors each year, and so represents a major retail opportunity for Yalanji artists and art workers to create everything from fine art through to tourist gift items at the right price points for sale. Apart from the MGC, Mossman Gorge is only 20 minutes’ drive from the major tourism centre of Port Douglas, and an hour north of Cairns. Yalanji Arts has a potentially huge market at the doorstep.
The successful candidate will lead the strategic development of the Arts Programs and have:
- a sound understanding of the needs and social issues faced by the Indigenous community;
- extensive leadership experience providing strategic and operational direction and the management of arts programs from scoping and tendering for funding through to the implementation, marketing, promotion, merchandising and sales; and
- excellent communication and stakeholder relationship skills.
If you are passionate about the arts environment and support Indigenous owned economic development in this arena, we encourage you to apply.
To request an application pack please email:
Balkanu Cape York Development Corporation
Applications are to be provided as per the Application Information Pack details, before 5pm on Friday 26 June 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?