Payables and Vendor Administrator
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
About RSL Queensland
Help change our veterans’ lives for the better!
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. RSL Queensland’s crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of our veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation, and other programs and initiatives.
About this role
This is a permanent, full-time position. Although currently remote, ordinarily the role will be based in our Brisbane head office.
Our Finance Team is part of Corporate Services, reporting to the CFO. It is responsible for a broad range of financial management activities, and it actively supports our organisation’s desire to achieve efficiencies through technology, freeing up our people to focus on value added initiatives.
This role is a newly developed position that is responsible for the co-ordination of the end-to end purchase to payables function, constantly looking for opportunities to streamline processes, maximise automation and support the establishment of best practice vendor engagement.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage and monitor the use of purchase orders, invoice automation and manual invoices to ensure the accurate and efficient processing of invoices.
- Monitor payment terms and ensure consistency across vendor groups and similar types of goods/services
- Ensure timely payment of all vendors in accordance with agreed payment terms
- Identify areas for automation of the purchase to pay process and work with cross functional teams to deliver improvements
- Independently engage with internal stakeholders as required to provide support and training to assist with the understanding and effective use of the system
- Data entry of manual invoices including, but not limited to, welfare payments, cash advances and staff expense reimbursements
- Regularly review and follow up outstanding purchase orders, by communicating status to relevant parties and following up the close out.
- Regularly review and follow up timely coding and approval of invoices through invoice automation.
- Analyse vendor composition and usage to identify opportunities to standardise vendor engagement
- Participate in testing for system enhancements and upgrades, including formulating suitable test scenarios
We are looking for someone who can bring more than just accounts payable experience – this is not your typical transactional role. If you have proven experience, regularly go above and beyond to find solutions to make life easier for others, utilise innovative approaches and have strong stakeholder engagement, then this role is for you! You will be supported to take initiative and investigate challenges. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate wanting to own the purchase to pay function and create real depth and value to their experience.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- 2-5 years in finance related roles
- Experience in the end to end finance functions of Purchase Orders to Accounts Payable
- Experience with large integrated ERP systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics or similar
- Experience with an automated invoice processing system
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- A positive – “can do” approach
- Pro-active and innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement capability - notably with external vendors
- Demonstrated organisation and coordination skills
- Ability to uphold RSL (Queensland Branch)’s values and mission
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?