Conveyor belt splicer
Advertiser: All State ConveyorsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
All State Conveyors is an Australian owned and operated company located in Dandenong Victoria. We supply, service and install conveyor belting and rubber lining to the Mining, Quarrying and Conveyor related industries. All State Conveyors core principle is to exceed our client’s expectations.
We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent skills in Conveyor Belt Splicing to join our team. Specialising in Mobile and fixed plant Conveyors, installation, maintenance and reconditioning via hot and cold splicing, repairs, rubber to metal applications such as lagging and autoclave hot lining.
About the role
We require a Conveyor Belt Splicer competent in all areas of Rubber Belt Splicing, both in-house as well as onsite. This is a varied interesting role with plenty of overtime for the right person with motivation and a can do safe and heathy attitude.
We can offer the right applicant;
• Full time position
• Work vehicle
• Work phone
• Immediate start
• Reasonable Overtime opportunities
• Uniforms & PPE
• To be part of our team that are genuine and down to earth
Your values and skills must include but are not limited to the following;
• Experience with conveyors for fixed plant and mobile equipment
• Be an effective communicator
• Ability to plan, lead, organise & control
• Be self-motivated with a positive and safe attitude.
• Truthful, honest & punctual
• Prepared to be hands on
• Someone who takes pride in their workmanship
• Installation of conveyor belts
• Conveyor belt hot, cold & mechanical repairs
• Conveyor belt hot, cold and mechanical splicing
• Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)
• Commitment to safety and HSE policies
• Commitment to quality workmanship and work efficiently to produce quality results
• Enthusiastic attitude with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work in a team and with limited supervision and independently
• Current Victorian car licence and is essential to maintain employment (current MR/HR Truck Licence is desirable)
• Minimum of 6 months previous site experience as a belt splicer
• Conveyor maintenance knowledge
• Follow instruction verbally and written
• Experience operating conveyor vulcanising equipment & chemicals as well as belt handling equipment
• Available after hours and weekend work
• Honest, reliable and hard working
• Forklift license is essential
• Onsite & Factory tasks
• Hot and cold rubber lining
• Good math and literacy skills
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Flexible and adaptable
Disclaimer – Third party and/or agency referrals will not be accepted
Please note we are unable to accept applicants without prior experience and only shortlisted applications will be contacted
All potential employees will be required to pass police clearance screening and a pre-employment medical
This position is available for an immediate start for the right candidate
Pay rate negotiable based on experience and qualifications
You will need to bring
• Relevant experience working as a Belt Splicer
• Skills and knowledge to hot and cold splice rubber belting.
• Victorian car licence
The application form will include these questions
• Are you licenced in Victoria to drive a manual vehicle?
• Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
• Do you currently hold a forklift licence?
• Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
• What experience do you have
• Do you have mine/quarry site experience?
• What's your expected hourly rate?
• Rigging and/or dogging certificate will be highly regarded
• Practical rubber lining experience will be highly regarded
All participants please send your application to;