Aged Care Quality & Safety Manager (Clinical Compliance)
Advertiser: NSI HousingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, Bayside & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Aged Care
North Stradbroke Island Aboriginal and Islander Housing Co-operative Society LTD
Quality & Safety Manager
North Stradbroke Island Aboriginal & Islander Housing Society (the Housing Co-op) provides long term housing for Aboriginal residents on North Stradbroke Island. Housing also manages Minjerriba Community Respite Centre, Nareeba Moopi Moopi Pa Aged Care Residential Facility and the Myora Caravan park.
Nareeba Moopi Moopi Pa Aged Care (Moopi) provides stunning care for our permanent residents as well as respite care clients who enjoy some of the highest one on one care hours in the nation due to having only 14 beds.
Moopi is passionate about empowering the elders in our care to thrive, and we understand that one way to help people maintain control of their life is by providing choices. Our elders have choices in all aspects of their lifestyle and living environment, from health professionals to social opportunities that best suits their needs and preferences.
Minjerriba Respite Centre (Minjerriba) provides services to all homecare eligible residents and visitors to North Stradbroke Island. Minjerriba Respite Centre provides clients and carers with a co-ordinated, flexible, and timely service. Our centre provides services to suit clients and their family and assist enhancing lifestyle and independence.
Our little organisation is currently going through a period of growth and expansion and is looking for a Clinical and Compliance Superstar to join our team.
Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the Quality & Safety Manager position is to ensure that all of the processes and systems across our services comply with relevant statutory and legal regulations and standards and support the delivery of a quality service for our residents and clients.
A key focus of this role is to ensure all of the facilities and business units achieve and maintain accreditation requirements whilst fostering a culture of continuous quality improvement based on providing high quality service, care and nursing to clients and residents as well as safe and healthy environments across the organisation.
Working closely with the GM, Managers, Nursing and Care team, this role will also stream across our Program and Property units to ensure consistency at every level.
Day to Day will see you:
- Overseeing, analysing and maintaining compliance through reporting on systems, processes, and standards in conjunction with regulation bodies, across Aged Care and Homecare services, ensuring delivery of quality, safe and healthy environments across the organization.
- Actively promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement and quality.
Through Collaboration with key staff:
- Managing internal audits as per schedule.
- Oversee and implement Risk and Clinical Governance Frameworks for the entire organization.
- Overseeing, educating on and maintaining evidence-based, professional, legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Overseeing compliant and legal practices in relation to all new admissions, regarding all care contracts including fee structure and changes.
- Overseeing and monitoring client documentation assessments.
- Reporting on Risk and Key Performance Indicators to the General Manager in accordance with reporting requirements
- Overseeing and managing data collection and ensure it is submitted in a timely manner.
- Overseeing, educating, and maintaining compliance and standards including but not limited to occupational health & safety, equal employment opportunity and confidentiality in accordance with associated organisational policies.
- Facilitate feedback and monitoring of service-related issues, offering accountability and focused based solutions to the General Manager and team.
- A Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Queensland with a current AHPRA registration.
- A Minimum of 5 years experience working in Aged Care and/or Homecare or relevant healthcare industry experience.
- Good understanding of ACQSC Standards and Accreditation including Key Performance Indicators, and general reporting.
- Good communication, organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of cultural needs and requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise with key stakeholders and deal with sensitive or emotional issues and situations.
- Excellent customer service skills including a commitment to quality customer service, and the capacity to exercise initiative, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer software programs including the Microsoft Office suite.
How to apply
Provide your resume and a response to the selection criteria and a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for this role by COB 17th July 2020.
For further information contact Tonia on Ph 3409 9340
Aboriginal and Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Thank you for your interest.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a care manager?
- Have you completed an Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) training courses?