Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Practitioner
Advertiser: Kudos ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
Kudos Services is the official NDIS Partner in South Australia for early intervention services for children 0-6 years. We are also a provider of therapy services for children and young people with a disability from 7 years of age. We are a bold, brave and ambitious organisation built on the belief that every child, young person and their family has the right to belong to a supportive community that understands them.
About the role
You will be working in our Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) team partnering with families to assess their child's needs and make recommendations about the best plan and strategy going forward.
In this role you will:
- Assess and accurately report the functional impact of a child's developmental delay to assist in the preparation of applications for access to the NDIS scheme.
- Assess and prioritise needs and to clearly and concisely summarise relevant information to make recommendations to support NDIS plan approval.
- Conduct first plan and review planning conversations with clients – over the phone and in person.
- Liaise and work cooperatively with key stakeholders to successfully implement NDIS plans.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications or experience in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychology, social work, disability, speech pathology, developmental education, early childhood education or similar.
- Experience in a role which requires critical thinking and working with systems.
- Ability to analyse information and make decisions within defined parameters.
- Experience supporting children and families using a key worker, family centered and capacity building model by translating professional advice into practical strategies and routines for families.
- Well-developed judgment and decision making within delegated limits concerning accountability of funds and interactions with individuals and communities.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare high quality written reports, and other documentation as required.
We are looking for someone who is solutions-focused, assertive, adaptable and self-directed. In return, you will be part of an organisation that is helping individuals and their families in the community feel empowered and enabling them to achieve positive outcomes. Your colleagues will be supportive and highly skilled professionals. We are proudly an employee-led and public service mutual. We pride ourselves in empowering our staff to actively participate in decision-making and governance.
Kudos Services is a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians or Torres Strait Islander and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The openings for this position is for our North office location. However, there are limited positions also available in our South office. Please apply now via Seek and include a Cover Letter & Resume in your application. For further information please contact the HR Advisor, Prisca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?