Advertiser: Emerald CoachesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2020
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- $120,000 - $139,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the business and the role
Emerald Coaches is an Australian family owned business based in Emerald, Queensland. For over 30 years, Emerald Coaches has grown to become one of the major passenger transport operators in the Central Highlands and Bowen Basin regions of Queensland.
Emerald Coaches provides passenger transport services to the school, mining and charter markets throughout the greater Emerald area, the Bowen Basin, Mackay and regional Queensland. Our diverse fleet of 110 coaches range in size from 12 to 61 seats and our geographic coverage enables us to effectively service Queensland's energy and resource rich regions.
We are seeking an experienced trade qualified Workshop Manager to join our team in Emerald. Reporting to the General Manager, the position is Monday to Friday with a rotational on call roster. Pay rates will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Close liaison with workshop staff and the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth and timely operation of servicing and ongoing fleet requirements.
- Prioritise work schedules for vehicle repairs and maintenance;
- Supervising workshop staff and mentoring apprentices;
- Monitor workshop activities and maintenance to vehicles;
- Review vehicle defect report sheets and raise work orders to repair vehicle;
- Maintain vehicle service data and history records in the VMS program;
- Maintain fleet management schedules and coordination between depots;
- Prepare management report as required;
- Liaison with Operations Manager on service, repairs and maintenance to fleet vehicles;
- Organise repairs and service to workshop equipment as required;
- Ensure equipment is calibrated when needed and file all records;
- Ensure the workshop is maintained in a clean and safe state;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the occupational health and safety management plan;
- Authorise and place purchase orders as required;
- Assist company executive management as required;
- Review incoming enquires as needed;
- Prepared quotations as required;
- Maintain contact with suppliers to further the company interest;
- Comply with all company procedures;
- Other duties as required;
Skills and experience
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant will have attained relevant trade qualifications, and industry experience
Strong mechanical, workshop and safety knowledge
Previous Bus/Coach experience an advantage
High work ethics, reliable and ability to produce high quality workmanship
Ability to work under pressure, to agreed time frames
Diagnostic / fault finding skills
Auto Electrical / Air Conditioning skills an advantage
Job benefits and perks
Be part of a well-established business
Excellent job security
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanics?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.