RF Engineer / Electromagnetics Specialist
Advertiser: Phasor Innovation Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
An exciting career opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and talented RF Engineer/Scientist to work on a range of interesting projects, predominantly in the defence sector.
Phasor Innovation is a rapidly growing Australian business with a proven reputation for providing expertise in all facets of RF Engineering and Electromagnetics, including consulting, analysis, design, modelling & simulation, and test & measurement. We pride ourselves on our ability to think outside the box and provide our customers with innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Our work covers a diverse range of applications including communications, radar, electronic warfare, signature management, radiation hazard safety, biomedical, IoT, and even quantum sensors.
As our business expands, we are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and flexible working arrangements, including the ability to work from home and/or our office. We value continual professional development and provide opportunities for external training and in-house mentoring.
Based in the Melbourne area, the role will involve a variety of tasks, including electromagnetics modelling & simulation, RF/microwave design, measurement, analysis, and consulting.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Experience in RF and Electromagnetics theory and practice
- Experience in RF and Electromagnetics modelling & simulation
- Practical problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously (appropriate supervision and mentoring will be provided)
- Willingness to travel within Australia
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience using CST Microwave Studio, ANSYS HFSS or similar computational electromagnetic software
- Experience developing MATLAB code and programs
- Antenna design
- RF/microwave circuit design
- RF/microwave test & measurement
- Experience using Microwave Office or similar RF modelling and simulation software tools
- Familiar with EMI/EMC test & measurement
- Previous experience in the defence sector
Applicants must be Australian citizens to meet defence security requirements. An ability to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to at least NV1 level is required. Further information on security clearances can be found at: https://www.defence.gov.au/APSCareers/_Master/docs/Security-Clearance-Fact-sheet-Applicant.pdf
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable to this position and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
The salary and remuneration package for this position is to be negotiated based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the applicant.
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be made on-line. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?