Group Manager - Finance
Advertiser: Proximity Advisory ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Group Manager - Finance
- Senior Leadership Team
- Innovation and growth focus
- Enable high performance
- Part-time / Flexible hours
Proximity is a multi-disciplinary team of professionals delivering legal, consulting and commercial solutions to clients in a new way.
Proximity is seeking to appoint an experienced, motivated and energetic Group Manager - Finance to lead the management of our Finance function and provide strategic direction, accurate and timely analysis, and reporting and forecasting information to enable business improvement, achieve compliance, and support decision making.
This is a new position, based in our Canberra office, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This key role within Proximity’s Business Services Team, will:
- provide strategic insight and contribute to the strategic direction of the business
- provide high level financial analysis
- prepare financial reports and forecasts
- develop and manage project budgets on major client projects
- prepare and monitor budgets and accounts
- manage a small finance team
- drive efficiency and effectiveness and have a commercial approach
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing strategic recommendations to the Executive team
- Managing the process for financial budgeting, forecasting and all financial reporting
- Managing the continuing development and maintenance of financial systems, procedures and internal controls
- Reviewing all financial processes and procedures
- Managing the day to day operations of the finance function and team, including invoicing, payroll, debtor management
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations
- Liaising and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Leading and supporting all significant finance-related projects
- Overseeing and contributing to the preparation of forward business plans
Proximity is an exciting new world for people with enthusiasm, personality, creativity and experience. Our values – Innovative, Genuine and Helpful – are central to everything we do. We offer flexible working arrangements and highly value a diversity of skills and backgrounds.
To be considered for this role, you would be a team player that enjoys their career and working with others. Applicants should address the following criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Finance/Accounting and a CA or CPA designation is highly desirable
- Successful track record driving continuous improvement and contributing to strategic decision making in a previous finance leadership role
- Relevant experience in a professional services environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with expert level Excel skills
- Very high-level and professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with a variety of different people and conflict management
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Proven ability to manage a team and provide direction and support to team members around day to day finance activities
What we offer you
As a Group Manager - Finance with Proximity your strategic and analytical mindset matters. As the finance leader, you will be invited to leadership forums - connecting with the Canberra and Melbourne leaders and team members, and be part of a strong and integrated business services team.
Talk to us about your work hour preferences. Proximity team members have the opportunity for:
- Variety & sophisticated work – get involved in complex work and major projects
- Prestige – work in a fast paced, high performance organisation
- Market leading remuneration – be recognised and rewarded for success
- Flexible working arrangements
- A dynamic, innovative, cohesive and collaborative organisation
- Wellbeing - supportive policies and programs
To be successful at Proximity
Successful applicants will be high performing, solution oriented, self-motivated team players that are easy going and also able to work independently. At Proximity we are all part of an innovative team that helps our clients, and we are genuine in everything we do.
Working at Proximity combines the benefits of being the best you can in your chosen field and being well supported to be successful.
Apply today to join our agile and commercially-minded team. For more information about Proximity please visit our website www.proximity.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?