Advertiser: USQ Student GuildMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jun 2020
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
About the USQ Student Guild
USQ Student Guild is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation supporting the USQ & general community. USQ Student Guild provides Advocacy support (USQ Students only), sporting, health & recreation services to USQ and the general community through The Works Health and Recreation Club. USQ Student Guild is governed by a Board of Directors, made up of students and non-students. The USQ Student Guild Board assists in the long term planning and strategic decision making of the USQ Student Guild and its initiatives.
About the Role
The Centre Receptionist is primarily responsible for greeting members and guests and routing them appropriately to their desired locations, controlling and logging The Works member and non-member access to the facility, routing incoming calls, responding to member requests for information and assistance, handling cash transactions and keeping the reception area in a neat and orderly manner. This is a casual position and requires some flexibility of hours. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately handle cash transactions including retail sales and member payments (balance cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift);
- Assist in managing debt collection for The Works Health and Recreation Club
- Open and close the Centre in a safe and thorough manner as assigned by management (complete all requirements of opening and/or closing checklists, including alarm system as instructed using approved codes);
- Perform data tasks as required and with absolute accuracy.
- Cooperate with team members and assist with the general day-to-day administrative tasks within the CBRC.
- Provide accurate facility reservations/appointment scheduling, repeating completed reservation back to member to ensure accuracy;
- Greet all members in a friendly and courteous manner
- Check each member and check in and out using process approved by management
- Handle member and guest enrolment in programs as assigned to the Centre Reception
- Handle membership sales enquiries, when required, following procedures as approved by the supervisor to ensure maximum conversion of enquiries
- Answer incoming phone calls in a clear and friendly manner
- Take accurate and complete messages as necessary. Route all messages in a timely manner to their appropriate destination
- Clean the Reception Desk area and surrounding lobby in a tidy and efficient manner, keeping store desk supplies and resources in their appropriate places at all times and minimising clutter (flyers, signs, merchandise etc.) that interferes with reception responsibilities and presentation
- Maintain an adequate inventory of service desk supplies necessary to complete each shift. This includes message pads, booking sheets, guest passes, change, registration forms, pens, pencils, note paper, phone books etc. Alert supervisor to any supply needs
- Maintain The Works email account and One Fit Stop bookings
- Assist with the management of The Works Facebook page by responding to messages and keeping information up to date
- Keep up-to-date with Centre events, changes and promotions by reviewing the Booking sheet on a regular basis, and inform members and customers as necessary
- Inform management of problems with members, facility or staff that could be corrected to improve operations and/or customer satisfaction. Take corrective action immediately, if necessary, to satisfy and acquire or maintain excellent customer service
Benefits and Perks
Work in a great team environment in a role which you can truly make your own. Flexible roster, attractive remuneration, free gym membership at The Works Health and Recreation Club and a great work/life balance are just some of the perks that you will enjoy.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Working with Children Blue Card (or willingness to obtain)
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role
How to Apply
Click the apply button to submit your application. Please upload a resume along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 3rd July 2020.
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?