Head of Products
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Product Management & Development
About RSL Queensland
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
This role is a brand new to RSL Queensland. Whilst there is an appetite to work on new products we're also looking to uplift and optimise those currently in our product ecosystem.
With the customer at its core, this role leads a team focused on delivering an optimised customer experience and set of features for each product that provides a sustainable commercial advantage moving forward.
This role is pivotal to the success of our fundraising business and driving the fundraising business into the future. We're looking for someone who has both experience in leading a multi-faceted product environment as well as being a natural strategist working on "What's next" for our Product strategy.
What we're looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, program/ project management; or a related discipline
- Experience in leading business/ product strategy initiatives
- Ability to deliver tangible results in complex project environments
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing organisation-wide strategies for program excellence, engaging community partners, and ability to partner with the RSL Queensland Board, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Leadership Team
- Ability to diagnose, resolve and communicate complex problems
- Extensive product management experience within a complex operating environment
- Experience developing product plans and contributing to large scale business goals.
- Ideally, you'll have experience evaluating and understanding the process behind creating new products that align strategically to our business.
- A background working in a B2C environment, working on customer experience journey mapping and optimising a B2C product.
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented marketing professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If you'd like more specific detail please reach out to Scott, our Talent Acquisition Business Partner.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply or reach out today!