IGCC/AIGCC Team and Communications Coordinator(s), Sydney
Advertiser: Investor Group on Climate ChangeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jun 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Employer: Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC)
Work type: Permanent, Full-Time
Sector: Not for Profit
About this role
We are currently recruiting for two Team and Communications Coordinator positions, across IGCC and AIGCC. For each role we are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated and experienced team assistant and communication coordinator to assist in organising our dynamic IGCC/AIGCC teams. You will be required to work with a small but dedicated team to assist with office administration, event management, internal and external communications and facilitating the smooth functioning of our secretariat. Would suit an experienced administrator who is highly organised, proactive and with a positive attitude.
The roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative and organisational support to the IGCC/AIGCC teams, including basic accounts management.
- Member service support, including answering member queries and requests.
- Assistance with member communication, including coordinating and developing content for newsletters, monthly member meetings, event invitations and other communication materials.
- Maintaining and developing templates and contact lists for communications in Mailchimp and other distribution platforms.
- Assist in managing IGCC/AIGCC’s database of members, media and broader stakeholders through an integrated contacts management system.
- Coordinating and helping manage IGCC/AIGCC’s website and online material, including setting up events on the website, uploading reports and posting to social media.
- Assist with event management for monthly IGCC/AIGCC meetings, regular hosted events and workshops, support to in-person roundtable meetings, and/or technical support to hosting webinars.
- Assist with diary management and coordination of meetings and logistics for working groups and project streams.
- Play an active role in supporting the IGCC /AIGCC Secretariat with day to day administrative requirements.
- Support the delivery of media outreach and communications activities.
Skills and qualifications
- Highly organised, proactive and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated experience in an office administration/team assistant role.
- Demonstrated experience in diary management and event logistics.
- Experience with information technology, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and using contact relationship management systems (CRM).
- Experience in creating/updating website content.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines, while maintaining high level accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage time, set priorities, plan and organise workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be a self-starter, identify issues before they arise and a willingness to pitch in where required.
- Experience in basic invoice processing and accounts administration (desirable).
- Knowledge of contemporary social media and preferred previous experience in updating company social media platforms (desirable).
- Experience using Adobe suite, such as Photoshop and Indesign (desirable).
- Knowledge of finance and investment industry and/or climate change (desirable).
- Qualifications in business administration, communications or a relevant field (or equivalent level of professional experience).
- Experience working in a small team.
- Proficiency in an Asian language desirable (Chinese, Japanese, Korean preferred) for AIGCC role and an ability to engage with stakeholders from multiple Asian markets.
Work arrangements and salary
This role is an ongoing full-time role, but open to 4 days/wk upon negotiation for the right candidate/s. The salary is subject to final working arrangements. These roles are based in Sydney. We are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Working in an industry association is about working in a small environment where people's opinions are valued and listened to. We encourage open communication and transparency and promote a dynamic work environment.
Applying for the role
We encourage all applicants to review the IGCC and AIGCC websites to familiarise themselves with the organisations before applying.
Please send your CV and a concise expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your preference for either the IGCC or AIGCC Team & Communications Coordinator role.
Applications close COB 3 July 2020.
The Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC) is Australia’s leading member based advocacy and investor engagement organisation focused on the financial, economic and investment implications of climate change. With over 70 members drawn from the investment community representing more than $2 trillion in assets under management, IGCC plays a key role in the development of climate change policy and investor practice across Australia and New Zealand.
The Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC) currently operates as a project of the IGCC (Australia/New Zealand) based in Sydney, Australia but with staff in the Asia region.
The AIGCC is an initiative to create awareness among Asia’s asset owners and financial institutions about the risks and opportunities associated with climate change and low carbon investing. AIGCC provides capacity for investors to share best practice and to collaborate on investment activity, credit analysis, risk management, engagement and policy.
With a strong international profile and significant network, including pension, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and fund managers, AIGCC represents the Asian investor perspective in the evolving global discussions on climate change and the transition to a greener and low carbon economy.
Both IGCC and AIGCC collaborate with similar investor organisations on climate change in Europe (the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change), North America (Ceres) and internationally (PRI, UNEP Financial Initiative) through The Investor Agenda.
IGCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.