Tourism Marketing and Promotion Manager
Advertiser: Forbes Arts SocietyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Jun 2020
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- $75,000 - $84,999 incl super + phone + laptop
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Forbes Arts Society (FAS) is an incorporated, not for profit organisation based in Forbes in the Central West of NSW. The organisation's mission is to develop the arts, cultural education and arts and cultural events and activities so that Tourism becomes a major product of the Forbes Shire and the wider Central West region of NSW. There is also a focus on encouraging and promoting the enjoyment of arts and cultures in the communities of our region. To achieve this objective FAS is particularly focused on two key events and activities, the Sculpture Down the Lachlan Trail and Grazing Down the Lachlan foodie event. It is FAS' vision to position Forbes and the Central West so that it becomes an arts based tourism destination, where arts includes all aspects of arts and culture.
Qualifications & experience
- QUALIFICATIONS • Tertiary qualification and/or industry experience in tourism marketing, promotion, communications, events or business management.• Driver's Licence
- EXPERIENCE• Tourism marketing and promotion • Track record in stakeholder management, destination development and planning.• Proactive approach to establishing and maintaining relationships and networks. • Knowledge and experience in event and business administration, coordination, ticketing.
- SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES Please see the application package.
- APPLY FOR THIS POSITION Email Dr Karen Ritchie firstname.lastname@example.org for an application package. Phone inquiries,contact Wendy Muffet 0449744681
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE 17/07/2020
Tasks & responsibilities
- The Tourism Marketing and Promotion Manager is the expert in promoting, marketing and coordinating all Forbes Arts Society (FAS) activities incl the food and beverage event 'Grazing Down the Lachlan' and the 'Sculpture Down the Lachlan Trail' under strategic direction from the FAS Board.
- Administrative assistance, particularly around the execution of the grant establishing the Cultural Centre, Sculpture Trail and Gum Swamp Wetland.
- Tourism product development, including the enhancement and organisational improvements of the Platypus Gallery. This may include the development of a CRM and a suite of governance and financial procedures.
- Grant writing - develop grant applications and work with potential and existing sponsors for projects/funding.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders to advance the interests of Forbes, the Lachlan Valley and the wider Central West region
- Work from home when appropriate is an option