Voice & Data Technician - Communications
Advertiser: Blue Line Phone & DataMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jun 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Telecommunications
Seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Technician with proven ability with VoIP, PABX hardware and data cabling, to join our telecommunication business in Newcastle. Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced changing work environment.
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair of business telephone systems; programming telephone systems; and training customers on the use of telephone systems;
- Troubleshooting of SIP based telephony and liaise with VoIP carriers;
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting structured communication cabling systems and associated hardware including but not limited to wireless access points, routers, switches and computer hardware; and
- Installation of miscellaneous audio-visual and other associated cabling and equipment including televisions, projectors, sound systems etc.
- Three to five years’ experience working in telephony or IT
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in IP and SIP troubleshooting
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in any one of the major PABX brands or 3CX or Skype for Business
- Install, repair and program communications systems including PABX, IP Networking, Structured Cabling, NBN internet routers, Wireless and VoIP
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and diagnose electronic system faults
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to interpret drawings, site plans and integrate both with customers’ requirements within telecommunication regulations
- Valid ACMA Cabler's Registration preferably with structured endorsement
- Valid Driver Licence
- Right to work in Australia with no restrictions
Please note – due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for showing interest in this role.
Applications will close 21 July 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?