7 ON 7 OFF - SUPPORT WORKERPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
7 ON 7 OFF – SUPPORT WORKER
We are employing two part-time on call support workers.
How does it work?
- You work a fortnightly 7-on-7-off roster.
- You receive an On-Call Allowance of $177.22 for each week that you are On Call.
- You agree to make yourself available for any and all shifts during the 7-day period that you are On Call.
- You receive penalty rates and any hours in excess of 76 hours for the fortnight are paid at the applicable overtime rates.
- You receive training to work across all houses and support services.
We can offer you the following:
- Permanent Part-Time Position (with possibility of full-time hours)
- 7 Days Off each fortnight!
- Above Award Renumeration
- Salary Packaging Options - $15,899 Benefits Card, $2,520 Entertainment Package & 50% Remote Rental Package.
- Company Vehicles
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Career Progression
What we need from you:
- Current Blue & Yellow Card
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current QLD Driver’s License
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Highest Levels of Confidentiality
- Flexibility to work with a wide variety of clients and services
1. Team Work
- Ability to work in a collaborative and enthusiastic manner to provide positive leadership and specialised information to a team of multi-disciplined staff.
- Proven ability to manage conflict in a productive way.
2. Customer Service
- Proven ability to provide high quality participant service to participants, families, carers and providers.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate strategies and opportunities that contribute to measurable improvements in quality of life for participants.
- Ability to actively listen and respond to participant feedback.
- Ability to build high quality relationships with external service providers and participants formal and informal supports.
- Intermediate degree of computer literacy including MS Office, Email and Client Management Systems.
- Proven ability to manage operations of a household including budgeting.
- High degree of knowledge in report writing, auditing and information gathering.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to write effective progress notes, emails, reports and other written communication in a way that others can understand.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas in a way that participants and team members can easily comprehend.
- Strong understanding of disabilities and support requirements.
- Strong understanding of relevant privacy and confidentiality in relation to participants.
- Strong understanding of what is considered appropriate self-disclosure.
- Knowledge of and commitment to service provision within NDIS Service Standards.
- WHS knowledge and skills suitable for the position.
- Sound knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the outcomes for participants.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate III in Disability Studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working with people with varying disabilities and needs, and their families.
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?