Advertiser: Australian Academy of Technology and EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Policy
About the business
The Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE) is a Learned Academy operating as an independent, non-political and expert national think tank that helps Australians understand and use technology to solve complex problems.
We bring together Australia's experts in applied science, technology and engineering to provide impartial, practical and evidence-based advice on how to achieve sustainable solutions and advance prosperity.
About the role
The Policy Analyst will work as part of a small team to develop and deliver cogent, relevant, evidence-based policy advice and expert reports on strategic priority matters that will influence national debate and inform government, industry and the public.
To achieve this, the Policy Analyst will:
· identify and engage with relevant policy issues, experts and key stakeholders
· monitor policy opportunities, and assist the team in developing those opportunities
· undertake complex research and analysis, and contribute to the development of high-level briefings, presentations, submissions, papers and reports
· provide professional secretariat support to ATSE's Forums, Divisions, and Policy Committee, and assist with planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, and events
· establish and manage good working relationships with colleagues, Fellows, and stakeholders
Skills and experience
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Excellent written skills, with experience in synthesising complex information
- Understanding of the policy process and environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team, managing workloads and priorities to achieve organisational goals and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Experience in or passion for technology, engineering or science policy, research or industry
- Postgraduate qualification in a field appropriate to the position
OTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
Interstate travel may be required from time to time Occasional out of office hours work may be required
To apply, please submit a cover letter and response to the above key selection criteria through Seek or via the below email, by close of business 5th of July 2020.
For further information please contact the Director, Policy and Government Relations Ms Alix Ziebell on 03 9864 0909 or email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?