Senior Team Leader Residential Services
Advertiser: St Michaels Association3.5 out of 53.5 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2020
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Who is St Michaels?
St Michaels Association Inc. is a leading provider of personalised services for people with a disability living in Tasmania. As a not-for-profit non-government organisation in Tasmania we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of service when supporting individuals to achieve their goals within the NDIS framework.
Based in Launceston, St Michaels offers a wide range of services tailored to the individual needs of the participant. We provide services to support people with a variety of accommodation needs and provide extensive support to enable people to connect with the community. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) we also ensure our people are highly skilled and qualified to deliver a quality service.
As one of Tasmania's largest not-for-profit disability service and training organisation with over 50 years of disability industry experience we have been able to transition to becoming a registered NDIS provider. We operate within the NDIS framework throughout the northern / northwest region.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for a leader to join our established team of professionals. As the Senior Team Leader Residential your role will be to provide strong leadership and support to the Team Leader’s in the Residential Services Program area. You will ensure the quality of service delivered is consistent with STMA and the National Quality Framework for registered providers of the National Disability Scheme. You will be aware of a and deliver a high standard of professional practice.
As the Senior Team Leader Residential Services you will supervise and mentor Team Leaders to ensure the support workers deliver the highest possible standard of service for our participants. This role will oversee the supports provided within 24 hour residential settings.
Staff supervision, outstanding customer service, quality of care and continuous quality improvement are all the hallmarks of this position.
The person we are seeking will have strong leadership skills, be committed to improving the lives of people with a disability, be highly motivated and enjoy challenges. This person will have good problem solving skills and be able to work respectfully within a team environment.
Does this sound like you? If so we are interested in meeting you to learn about your commitment and ability to deliver a high quality service which offers choice, support and flexibility while enhancing community participation and quality of life, to the participants that we support.
Skills and experience
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Experience in working with people with disabilities in a home or community setting;
- People with limited formal qualifications however with substantial experience in working with people with disabilities in a home or community setting will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be able to relieve Team Leader/s as required;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Sound written and verbal skills;
- Current First Aid Certificate;(or willingness to obtain)
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Card (or ability to obtain);
- Current National Police Check (or ability to obtain);
- Medication Endorsement (highly desirable);
- Genuine interest in assisting people succeed in quality of life improvements;
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislative requirements;
- Commitment to following St Michaels policies and procedures
Applying for this position
Please forward your updated resume and cover letter addressing the skills and experience above to:
Please do not apply via Seek.com, note only applications received via email with a current resume and cover letter addressing the listed skills and experience will be considered.
Previous applicants for this position need not apply.
Applications for this position close Monday, July 6, 2020.
Provision of Salary Packaging as Not for Profit, Charity status organisation
St Michaels are an equal opportunity employer
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?