Advertiser: Boyup Brook Farm SuppliesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Boyup Brook Farm Supplies is a locally owned business and a provider of agricultural supplies, agricultural advice and merchandise in the Boyup Brook and surrounding communities. Our motivated team prides itself on using all our skills and experience to deliver what our clients want when they want it! We aim to be recognised for our expertise, reliability, quality and rapid delivery of services and products. We are community focused and want to contribute back to the communities we serve.
About the role:
The position is primarily an administrative role that is focussed on the input and maintenance of financial records. This includes, but is not limited to: maintenance of financial records including data entry, operation of computer based accounting software, maintenance and control of debtors & creditors, reporting of weekly staff hours for payroll preparation, reconciliation of accounts, provision of reports to support preparation of Activity Statements, preparation of monthly management reports, liason as needed with external Accountant.
Essential skills and experience:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Competent in the preparation and maintenance of financial & accounting records.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Prepare reports to enable preparation of Activity Statements.
- Pleasant phone manner
- Team focussed and willing to be flexible in supporting other staff in administrative & retail based tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Competent in the use of office and accounting software.
- Current motor vehicle licence
Desirable skills and experience:
- Formal education in accounting procedures and techniques
- Experience in a busy retail business
- An interest in agriculture
Responsibilities will include:
- Input, interrogation and reconciliation of financial data within a retail/financial software package including the areas of: Debtors, Creditors, Payroll and General Ledger
- Monthly preparation and presentation of financial data for BAS and EOFY tax reports
- Provision of financial data and reports for the Partners
- Liaison with professional Accountant
- Answering of phone, taking messages, directing enquiries and occasional assisting in show room
A salary package with flexible work hours may be negotiated with the suitable applicant. For any further details on this position contact Greg O’Neil 0491211732 or email CV’s to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?