Team Leader - Disability Support
Advertiser: Interchange Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jun 2020
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- $75,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
An exciting new opportunity has become available as a Team Leader in Joondalup and the surrounding areas. You will be supporting, developing and mentoring your team to empower them to progress people we support towards achieving their individual goals.
About us. For more than 25 years, Interchange has provided support for people with disability to achieve their goals through services in their home and community. With individuality at the heart of the organisation, we pride ourselves on the flexible, tailored services we deliver to assist people to achieve their goals and live a good life.
- Our Vision: Welcoming communities that value, respect and empower people with disability
- Our Mission: Helping people with disability to live a good life
- We believe: Everyone belongs
- Individuality: Valuing people, staff, partners and services
- Respect: Valuing choice, culture and diversity
- Empowerment: Valuing abilities, goals and learning
- Belonging: Valuing relationships and shared places
About you. To be successful in this role, you will be self-driven, motivated and have a passion that delivers innovative, high quality services through collaboration and high performing teams. You recognise that as a person-centred organisation we put people at the centre of decision making.
About the role. You will lead a team of support workers, developing their knowledge and skills through our iLearn program, managing performance and celebrating achievements. Having regular connections with people we support you will ensure they receive quality services through rostered supports, that individual goals and outcomes are in place and a community-based approach is adopted.
You will be required to design contemporary service plans for the people we support in line with their individual budgets and giving consideration to community-based activities. You will oversee the quality of implementation by monitoring data, and periodically reviewing these plans against goals and outcomes.
This is a permanent, full time position, based at our Morley office, expanding our service in Joondalup and any other locations as required in accordance with the service needs of the people we support and/or in accordance with operational and organisational requirements of Interchange.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission, Vision and Values of Interchange, including acting in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the Interchange Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work with individuals from a range of social, financial and cultural backgrounds.
- Equivalent to VET Certificate IV in relevant studies and/or equivalent knowledge and experience obtained within the Disability Industry.
- Significant experience with NDIS plan utilisation and funding arrangements.
- Excellent supervision skills with an ability to work in, lead, coach and motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with people with disability, colleagues, and members of the community.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant government legislation and standards.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with an ability to actively seek creative solutions to overcome problems.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- National Police Certificate (NPC) issued within the last three (3) months.
- Capacity to meet the inherent physical requirements of the position.
- Working with Children Check (During your employment with Interchange you may be rostered to provide support to a person under 18 years of age. In this instance you will require a Working with Children (WWC) Check and Assessment Notice (WWC Card), which Interchange may pay for.)
- Qualification in Mental Health AND/OR minimum 2 years’ industry experience.
- Experience working with a Positive Behaviour Support Model and applied knowledge of restrictive practices and be able to demonstrate situational awareness.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Access to a mobile phone and laptop
- Company vehicle with option for private use
- Generous NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income
- Free, confidential counselling services through our EAP
To Apply: To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia Please click “Apply Now” with your CV and provide a Covering Letter outlining your suitability for the position by responding to the selection criteria.
Closing date: This ad will remain open until the position has been filled... do not delay apply now!!
Please note - Only candidates successfully shortlisted for roles will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?