Support Worker - Experienced
Advertiser: Interchange Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jun 2020
- Perth, Rockingham & Kwinana
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Are you passionate about helping an individual to live a meaningful and a valued life?
Interchange is an innovative provider of customised, community inclusion and independent living support for people with disability who require assistance to access community, vocational and daily living activities.
Our vision is for welcoming communities that value, respect and empower people with disability. We are dedicated to creating shared experiences in the general community, building relationships, trust and acceptance, and supporting people to become integral members of society.
Interchange is seeking several experienced, knowledgeable, Support Workers to join our team in Rockingham. Successful candidates will have knowledge of the National Disability Service Standards, a minimum qualification for a Cert III in Disability and at least 2 years relevant experience.
The Rockingham Neighbourhood supports many customers in the area with a wide range of disabilities, and abilities. You will be required to provide compassionate support by helping customers with daily living, personal care and hygiene, and participation in the community.
You will be a part of a dynamic team that can work autonomously and can demonstrate initiative, good leadership skills and problem solving ability.
The successful candidates will have:
- Certificate III or IV in Disability and experience working with people with disabilities
- Have experience with challenging behaviour and positive behaviour supports
- Desire to work within our Organisation's Mission, Vision and Values
- Experience in personal care
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both autonomously, and within a team environment
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and time management skills
- Flexible availability throughout the week
- WA 'C' class driver's licence, and own vehicle
- Working With Children’s Check
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Current National Police Certificate (within last 3 months)
- Salary Packaging
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
Plus, the satisfaction of working with an organisation that provides high quality disability services to make a difference to their clients.
This positions will be employed at a Level 2 (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the “Modern Award”) and conditions under the National Employment Standards (“NES”). Part time and casual positions are available for the right candidates.
To apply for this role, please use the Seek "Apply" button. Prepare a detailed cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for this role. Attach a current Resume which will need to highlight your duties and achievements from previous and current roles most relevant to this position.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Please note - Only candidates successfully shortlisted for roles will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?