Clinical Trials Budget Specialist
Advertiser: Cancer Trials AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Clinical Trials Budget Specialist
- Are you passionate about numbers, analytical, and self-motivated?
- Does the thought of contributing to the fast-paced world of clinical research spark your interest?
- If so, our Clinical Trials Budget Specialist position is the role for you!
Based in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) building in Parkville, Cancer Trials Australia (CTA) is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation that has provided a comprehensive clinical trials administrative service for its clinical members for over 15 years.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter who can lead the review, negotiation, and approval of clinical study budgets for our service sites participating in global sponsored clinical trials. You are respectful in your negotiations and constantly look for efficiencies in the process to facilitate quick study start-up.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, as Clinical Trials Budget Specialist, you will act as the main contact with the study site/institution for contract and budget negotiations and have the responsibility for contract finalisation to ensure timely initiation of the study. You are expected to be organised, while maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach to unexpected changes.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the review, negotiation and approval of site-specific budgets in compliance with Fair Market Value, internal legal and accounting principles, and ethical standards
- Working cross-functionally within CTA and the study site in support of timely start up for the conduct of clinical trials, including accurate forecasting of contract execution timelines
- Reviewing and evaluating site/institution contract changes and escalating any deviations, as appropriate
- In partnership with the Contracts Manager and others as necessary, evaluating priorities and quickly readjusting them with the changing needs of the business
- Tracking all site interactions via a database in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that status updates are appropriately descriptive
- Being the subject matter expert on budget processes and procedures, including guiding various stakeholders in understanding these, as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate scientific or business disciplines (e.g., finance, business administration, or healthcare)
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience and/or equivalent competencies in hospital or pharmaceutical industry/clinical research budget negotiation
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to understand medical procedural terminology
- Excellent attention to details
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes
The benefits of working for us:
- Competitive salary including provision for appropriate professional development;
- Generous salary packaging provisions;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
For more information about this role or to obtain a copy of the position description, please email email@example.com.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and this position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa. The successful applicant will also be required to supply a current National Police Clearance.
All applications must include a CV and covering letter addressing the essential requirements of the role. To submit an application, please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 13th July 2020