Senior Case Worker (Child and Family Therapeutic Services)
Advertiser: Uniting WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Our purpose is to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, stand for a just society and support individuals and communities to be valued and connected. We are a not-for-profit community services organisation and part of the mission of the Uniting Church in Australia and UnitingCare national network.
About the Role
Uniting WA is looking for dynamic, skilled, knowledgeable and passionate people to help us to deliver our specialist counselling service for children, young people and their families impacted by child sexual abuse and/or problematic sexual behaviours.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate
- Excellent counselling and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously in sometimes challenging circumstances
- Knowledge of evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Knowledge of the key issues impacting on the client group including the impact of trauma on brain development, attachment, child development and parenting
- Experience delivering training, presentations, and group facilitation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant area (e.g. social work or psychology) and significant relevant experience
- Experience working therapeutically with children and families, experiencing complex issues
- Experience working in a child protection setting, and with children and families who have been impacted by child sexual abuse.
You must be able to obtain a National Police Clearance (or provide one less than six months old) and a current Working with Children Check. It is also essential to have a valid WA driver’s licence for this position and the use of your own vehicle.
Working with Uniting
Working within our values of being imaginative, respectful, compassionate and bold, Uniting WA provides the support and development for you to belong and thrive. Benefits of working with us includes additional annual leave, generous long service leave, access to additional salary packing and a great team environment. We value social and cultural diversity and are committed to a safe workplace and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting WA is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
Please apply through the SEEK website, providing a covering letter together with current resume by Friday 17th July.
A position description outlining further details will be available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?