Advertiser: Western Port FerriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Rail & Maritime Transport
About the business
Western Port Ferries (WPF) has been successfully operating passenger vessel services on Western Port since being established in 2017. Western Port Ferries operate passenger vessel services to Phillip Island and French Island, along with a guided tour operation on French Island 7 days per week.
WPF is a subsidiary company to Peninsula Searoad Transport, which operates marine and tourism businesses throughout Victoria, including Searoad Ferries.
WPF is well regarded due to the high standard of service provided and our well respected team members. Our passengers are extremely important to us and our crews interact with the passengers in a friendly, happy and informative manner that ensures they experience more than just a standard ferry trip.
About You / The Role
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Master to join our team at Western Port Ferries.
You will have an open and friendly manner, fit in well with our team members and work to the high standard that the company expects.
There may also be additional casual hours as a GPH.
Time worked is dependent on leave taken by the full time Masters. This may be working within the 4 day roster cycle during periods of annual leave, or other days as required. A period of training will be undertaken by the successful applicant.
- Master less than 24 mtrs or equivalent preferred
- Minimum MED 3
- Workplace level 2 First Aid
- A Western Port Local Knowledge Certificate, or ability to obtain prior to commencing in the position
- Current Police Clearance and Working with Children or willing to obtain
- Good work ethic and attitude
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Computer literate
- Have a flexible approach to the work schedule and work arrangements.
- Previous experience within the Tourism industry would be well regarded.
How to Apply
Directly on Seek with your resume and a short and clear cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Applications close 9am Friday 10th July 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?