Advertiser: Bicycle QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
About Bicycle Queensland
Bicycle Queensland (BQ) is the leading voice for community cycling in Queensland. With over 16,000 members statewide and more than 32,000 supporters on our database, every day we're helping Queenslanders to cycle safely.
We advocate for community cycling and we're committed to getting more people on bikes—more often—as a compelling force for health and well-being.
With humble beginnings as a small collective of concerned citizens, over 40 years we've grown to become one of the largest and most influential community cycling organisations in the country.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a hands-on role with the successful applicant undertaking all day-to-day finance functions and activities - from the data entry right through to reporting to the Management Committee.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and developing the financial control framework.
- Undertaking all Accounts Payable, Receivable and Payroll (up to 15 people) and day to day data entry.
- Responsibility for the production, interpretation and presentation of the financial and management accounts for BQ to senior management and the Management Committee.
- Providing professional financial management information for BQ management team.
- Month end reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ad hoc duties that may come up.
Duties of this role include:
- Work closely with CEO and senior management on the implementation of business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
- Collaborate with senior management on the assessment of the organisation's performance.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and viable income streams.
- Generate monthly management accounts report which accurately reflect BQ business.
- Monitor financial performance, prepare reports for senior management and the Management Committee.
- Provide advice to the CEO, senior management and Management Committee on budgetary and planning issues as required, including the annual budget.
- Maintain an effective and up to date financial accounting system and provide analysis of financial data to senior managers.
- Management of the organisation's financial system (Xero), including accurate and timely recording of financial data, management of accounts receivable and payables,carry out reconciliations, manage cash flow and all other associated financial tasks expected in a financial management role.
- Provide accurate and timely end to end management and processing of fortnightly payroll and related statutory obligations (Superannuation, WorkCover etc), leave, staff entitlements, termination calculations and other payroll matters for up to 15 staff.
- Manage all taxation i.e. BAS returns for GST, PAYG.
- Keep abreast of GST and other ATO requirements for a tax exempt not-for-profit organisation.
- Negotiating with stakeholders.
- Manage to completion the annual external audit of the organisation's accounts.
- Manage access to accounts in accordance with the organisation's delegations of authority.
- Assist in the management of procurement services such as office equipment (including maintenance of the Asset Register), insurances, leases etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce of Finance, with at least 5 years financial management experience.
- Professional Accounting Qualifications (e.g. CPA/CA).
- Proven experience in, and knowledge of, financial management and planning, reporting of financial information and monitoring of financial reports.
- Proven ability to accurately prepare budgets, reconciliations and financial statements with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to present and explain financial reports to various stakeholders: covering income, expenditure, reconciliations, cash-flow and variance from financial targets.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and maintaining financial management systems.
- Competency in Xero accounting package.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative and innovation to creatively solve complex problems, high level of numeracy and literacy.
- Effective time management, organisational skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant GST and ATO requirements and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email and in person with people at all levels, and be a team player.
- Well-developed computer skills, including advance skills in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and be able to think on your feet.
- Sound decision-making ability.
- Ability to promote the professional image of Bicycle Queensland.
What we offer
- This is a part-time role with a comprehensive package to reflective of the skills you bring.
- Based in Milton, you'll be close to the Bicentennial Bikeway, public transport and cafes!
- Working for a non-profit organisation that supports a cleaner environment and a healthier lifestyle.
- Work with a committed, fun team whose single purpose is to inspire all Queenslanders to ride safely with us, in our collective quest to make Queensland Australia's healthiest and most vibrant lifestyle destination.
How to apply
If you think this is you, please send your resume and a compelling cover letter as to why you want to be part of the Bicycle Queensland team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note - applications submitted via Seek will not be considered.
Applications close Friday 10/07/20, however we will begin reviewing applications as they are submitted with a view to the successful candidate commencing work at the end of July.
Only successful candidates will be contacted further.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.