Advertiser: Human Resource Dynamics Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
About Cairns Hinterland Steiner School
We are an independent school situated in Kuranda and offer education from Kindergarten to Class 8 in High School. We are co-educational and non-denominational school offering a nationally-accredited curriculum based on the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner.
It is our aim to be true to the spirit and intentions of the educational impulses and insights offered by Rudolf Steiner. We aim to support each individual child, with an understanding of their stage in childhood development. With this understanding, we encourage each child's unique gifts and emerging potentials to unfold in a nurturing, imaginative and guided environment. We aim to create a place where goodness, beauty and truth permeate the pedagogical, physical and social fabrics.
We currently have a Teacher Assistant role available at our school. This is a part time, term time position of 30 hours per week. Working as an effective member of the Learning Support Team, the primary role of the Teacher Assistant is to assist the Class Teacher to effectively deliver identified education intervention and support strategies.
- Assist student learning under the direct supervision of the class teacher
- As directed by class teacher, prepare and tidy class materials including printing, collating, stapling, binding, laminating etc
- Assist class teacher to prepare, implement and supervise individual student programs
- Maintain appropriate behaviour whilst engaging with students
- Support students with physical needs
- Facilitate the prevention of child harm by recognising and responding appropriately
- Understanding of, and commitment to the principles of Steiner Education (or willing ness to learn)
- Current Working with Children Blue Card or be eligible to apply
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Always promote Child Safety
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive matters
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring professional behaviour and manage own emotions and behaviours
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High level of oral and written communications skills as applicable to the position
To apply, please forward a current Resume and Covering Letter that outlines the Role Requirements listed above. Applications are to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Friday 3 July 2020.