ICT Support OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Part of the CSE Global Group, which operate a network of 39 offices in over 20 countries CSE Global Australia’s business entities have been operational for over 90 years and have offices located throughout Australia (WA, NT, SA, QLD, NSW, VIC), New Zealand and the UK. Specialising in automation, instrumentation, electrical and telecommunications systems, we provide engineering, integration, product sales, rental systems, managed services and full maintenance solutions to our customers. We operate in the oil and gas, mining and refining, transportation, utilities, healthcare, emergency services, security and construction industries.
About the Role
Working within our recently moved in and renovated Port Melbourne office, shared between our CSE Crosscom and CSE Uniserve business units, and reporting to the Group IT Manager (Perth based), this role is responsible for supporting the effective operation of IT systems throughout the Group. There will be after hours tasks to be performed from time to time and may also include travel to other CSE offices throughout Australia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support staff and other CSE users, in the use of ICT equipment and infrastructure
- Provide first line support for ICT and data issues logged through HELPA by phone, email or in person
- Help manage the deployment, configuration and security of all devices and peripherals
- Troubleshoot desktop, mobile devices, peripherals and network equipment as necessary
- Liaise with vendors and consultants pertaining to repairs, monitoring or procurement
- Assist in documentation of ICT policies and procedures and correspondence as required
- Assist with compilation and management of ICT asset registers
- Proactively manage stock levels of consumables, spares and replacement equipment
- Create a positive customer support experience through timely resolution or escalation by communicating promptly on progress and handling customers with a professional attitude
You have a IT or related degree with previous experience in a similar support role and can work independently but also be a key member of the ICT team.
Other key requirements include:
- Previous experience working with both cloud and on prem systems, hardware
- Experience in liaising with fellow staff and escalating issues to external providers and vendors
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and addons, SharePoint, One Drive and Azure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex / technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Previous exposure to Disaster Recovery tasks and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Extremely customer focused with strong business acumen
- Strong organisation skills with excellent time management and the ability to prioritise
- Be willing and able to travel interstate
- Demonstration of our key values:
- We never compromise on safety
- We act with honesty and integrity
- We show respect
- We strive for the highest levels of quality and performance
- We are accountable for our actions
- We care about our team
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
The Application Process
To apply for this position, simply click "apply" to submit your resume and cover letter .
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a motivating and rewarding working environment. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people in our industry.
Whilst we do try to respond to everybody, please note that due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted applicants who meet the specific criteria may be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- How many years' experience do you have in an application support function?