Advertiser: Geraldton Streetwork Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jun 2020
- Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Geraldton Streetwork Aboriginal Corporation (GSAC) currently seek to fill a key leadership role.
The Operations Manager's primary role, whilst reporting to the Board of Directors, is to be accountable for the day-to-day operational management of GSAC.
- Contract until 30th June 2021 subject to a 3 month probationary period.
- Full-time (38hrs per week)
- Remuneration package includes, vehicle, phone and salary sacrifice incentives.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained within the application package. Applicants must also provide a resume with two current referees.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in community development or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated skills in engaging and working respectfully with Aboriginal youth and families in a culturally appropriate and empowering manner.
- Experience working with peak bodies, funding agencies, service regulators, strategic partners and community.
- Experience in the management of organisational resources, including developing and managing program funding with demonstrated positive outcomes. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven leadership experience and capacity to inspire, supervise, motivate and manage staff in the affairs of a similar organisation requiring comparable skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills including report writing, negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills and advanced computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with people at all levels and to build productive relationships.
- To effectively liaise with a broad range of people and key stakeholders to develop and maintain partnerships and positive working relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated, well developed business and financial management skills, including ability to understand MYOB and other financial management programs and reports.
NON-ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of Aboriginal people's history and contemporary situation in the Australian context.
- Sound knowledge of the legislation informing the responsibilities of an incorporated organisation, the dual responsibilities of governance and management, and their respective parameters of authority.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, providing professional, accurate and strategic advice.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants will be required to obtain or provide evidence of the following (on acceptance of the position, and conditional to contract offer):
- Current 'C' or 'A' class drivers licence valid in WA.
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
For more information about this role, contact Justine Adams, Board Chairperson on 0899 212890. Application packs can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or calling 0899 212890. Applications close 4:30pm, Friday 24th July 2020.