Next Step Plus Case Manager
Advertiser: Central Queensland Indigenous Development LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jun 2020
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
About the business
Central Queensland Indigenous Development is an Indigenous Community Controlled organisation delivering services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across Central Queensland. Our teams work collaboratively with our families, partners and other service providers to ensure high-quality support and positive outcomes.
About the role
To prepare young people from the age of 15 who are in care, to develop the skills and knowledge they need to live as an independent adult and to ensure those who have left care are able to receive addition support and services if required.
- Strong local community connection and knowledge
- Blue Card
- Driver's Licence
Enquiries - Suzi Blair - (07) 4920 0000
Closing Date - Sunday 12th July 2020
*only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Benefits and perks
- Competitive base salary
- Learning and development opportunities
- Indigenous environment
- Salary sacrifice and tax benefits
Skills and experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Services related field
- Experience in person centred case management and/or coaching/mentoring service delivery and support for young people with complex needs.
- Knowledge of community/communities, including knowledge of key government and community leaders, Elders, stakeholders and informal community resources and social networks.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues/protocols and those pertaining to Child, Youth & Family and child protection.
- Knowledge of issues facing young people who have exited the Out of Home Care system including homelessness, long term unemployment, domestic violence, drug addiction, mental health issues, economic instability, social and cultural isolation and disability.
- Experience in supporting young people ("walking with them"), identifying their goals, strengths and aspirations and assisting in achieving these goals and transitioning to independent adult life.
Skills and Attributes (Essential)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage – [Note: Non-Indigenous applicants will only be considered if no suitable Indigenous candidates are attracted in the first round of applicants]
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office software
- Planning, problem solving and initiative
- High level of motivation, self-management and organisational skills
- Emotional intelligence, teamwork and leadership
- Strong connection to and knowledge of local Indigenous Community
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills in engaging with a range of people including young people and their families, Child Safety, Education etc.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case management/coordination.
- How many years' experience do you have as a case manager?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?