Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jun 2020
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Factory Manager to join our Operations team on a full-time basis at our Cobram site.
The Factory Manager plays a key leadership role on site, and is responsible for driving operational excellence and production efficiency within the Retail department. This includes overseeing the safe and efficient manufacture, packaging, storage and movement of Retail cheese, to the highest Quality standards. This will need to be completed in alignment with set budgets and fit with the broader Cobram site strategy.
The Factory Manager will take the lead in setting the strategic framework for the Retail department, and will focus on driving the individual and team operations accountable for its delivery. This position will be responsible for meeting overall people, safety, quality, operational, customer and commercial goals within the Retail department.
- Safety First. Actively contribute to a workplace culture where OHS is given the highest priority in all activities and actively promote this philosophy within the Retail team. Ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements for employee health, safety, wellbeing & risk in the department
- Oversee quality hygiene of the product and maintain compliance with the HACCP Quality plan and actively work with Quality to improve the plan as required and update the team on the changes and facilitate strong relationships with key customers and auditors, and ensure team members do the same.
- Regularly complete financial reporting, ensuring significant variations and corrective measures are included in Retail budget variances, manage the labour requirements to budget, tonnage forecast and business need and re-forecast as required.
- Oversee production to ensure equipement is being operated to higest efficiencies, shift reporting is completed and department KPIs are continuously monitored; escalating impacts where required and taking appropriate corrective measures to stay on target.
- Lead, coach and deliver a high performance culture through the department team, ensuring competency standards, training & assessment tools are utilised to measure staff performance, KPI's are set and reviewed and are compatible with operational strategy and goal delivery.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Management, Food Science, Manufacturing or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years' experience at a senior level within food manufacturing.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, ideally within dairy manufacturing
- Experience in LEAN Manufacturing and / or continuous improvement
- Experience in working to, and setting and monitoring, manufacturing KPIs
- Highly skilled communicator with Strong leadership capability and the ability to lead change
- An accomplished team builder, who builds trust relationships, operates as the coach of the team and thrives on growing others
- A strong financial or accounting knowledge would be an advantage to identify opportunities for improvements to the systems which support our business processes & practices
- Competitive salary package
- Discount on company branded products
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Employee share ownership program
Applications close Sunday, 12th July 2020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working within a lean agile team?
- How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?
- What's your expected annual base salary?