Senior Legal Counsel
Advertiser: BCI MineralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jun 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business supported by iron ore royalty earnings.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie will produce high-purity salt and sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study is due to be completed in June 2020 and production is targeted to commence in early 2021.
Experienced in-house counsel, with significant front-end construction experience, required to provide legal support to the General Counsel and Project/Contracts team in the implementation of the Mardie Project contracting strategy in readiness for the construction phase of the Mardie Project, whilst ensuring compliance and protection of people and company assets, in line with the Company’s commercial objectives.
Key Responsibilities – Mardie construction
Preparation of Tender Documents
- Assisting the Contract Team to prepare tender documentation using contract templates
- Drafting amendments to template general conditions of contract where required
- Reviewing scopes of work and contract schedules to ensure consistency with general conditions of contract
- Liaising with Contract Team to finalise Tender Documents for issue
- Assisting Contract Team to manage tender process where required
- Assisting Contract Team in evaluation of tenders from a legal perspective
- Assisting with the recommendation of a preferred tenderer/s
- Assisting and/or leading negotiations for packages of work from a legal perspective
- Managing legal departure schedules
- Drafting amendments to template Contracts and review amendments provided by preferred tenderer/s
- Assisting with recommendations for award
Final Contract Documentation
- Assisting Contract Team to finalise Contract documentation
- Reviewing and finalise all amendments to general conditions of contract
- Preparing final general conditions of contract by inclusion of agreed departures in general conditions
- Assisting Contract Team in compiling Contracts
- Assisting Contract Team with preparation of recommendation for award (RFA) where required
- Assisting with RFA sign off
- Assisting with post award contract management including claims management, variations, extension of time, delay and disruption claims and working with Contract Team and Project Teams to resolve claims
Other – General legal and compliance
- Provide legal support to other areas of the Company’s business on a variety of legal topics which may include:
- Project development
- Approvals, tenure and land access (including Wardens Court matters)
- Financing arrangements including debt and equity
- Marketing and offtake/supply contracts
- Environment, health and safety legislation
- Industrial and employee relations
- Protection of Company assets and intellectual property
- Continuous disclosure and regulatory compliance
- Assisting General Counsel, when required, with potential commercial transactions such as acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures.
- Law degree and admitted in Western Australia
- 8-10+ years legal experience, with significant front-end construction experience and some in-house experience preferable
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law relevant to project development
- Professional, resilient, pro-active, pragmatic approach to all aspects of role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate to people in a range of positions
- Team focused with the ability to work autonomously whilst still collaborating as required across the business areas
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and planning skills
- Well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a legal counsel?