Senior Front End Engineer
Advertiser: Ezypay5 out of 55.0 overall rating (3 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Ezypay is a multi-award winning FinTech company established in 1996, specialising in the provision of subscription and recurring direct debit payments.
With offices in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia, Ezypay has processed over $3 billion worth of subscription payments in 9 countries across the Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and Thailand) and we’re continually expanding.
Over the last few years, we have put significant effort into our next generation cloud subscription billing platform. This is a core strategic focus and we continue to actively develop and grow this platform.
As a Senior Engineer at Ezypay, you directly contribute to and shape Australia’s leading recurring payments and subscription billing API. The product supports definition of payment plans and collection using multiple payment methods.
- You create the interaction design for our external and internal facing web applications. To succeed in this role, you’ll understand how to lay out information on a SPA and solve problems such as user context and navigation.
- You create visual design for the UI in accordance with our brand guidelines. This is a mix of using off-the-shelf UI components and creating bespoke components.
- You implement UI designs as a single page web application using vue.js or react.js.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to maintain technology standards. You participate actively in code reviews and assist with the application of standards around i.e. software quality, security, and correctness.
Our Technical Environment
Here’s a high level view of how we work:
- We use vue.js and now react/redux to build our UI and OAuth to authenticate users.
- Our next generation payments platform has been developed using Java/Spring Boot micro-service architecture as a back-end.
- Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS; using a mix of Fargate containerization and Ec2.
- Our systems are secure and highly available – we have implemented passive and active monitoring and incident escalation using a combination of Datadog, CloudWatch Logs and Metrics, Postman, and Pagerduty
- Our operating system of choice is CentOS and the team is fanatical about security, monitoring, and patch management.
- Our infrastructure is immutable and managed using IaC principles via Terraform
- We leverage build automation using CircleCI, and we’re working toward continuous deployment across all environments
- Mastery of HTML/CSS3 for responsive / mobile first web applications.
- Financial services industry experience nice to have, agency experience highly regarded
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant Information technology industry experience.
- Good understanding of security best practices in the context of web applications
- Good understanding of internet working concepts and protocols
- Working knowledge of a modern software development life-cycle management methodology, such as SCRUM
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- A great place to work
- Flexible working arrangements and work life balance
- A fun team environment
- A dynamic and challenging technical environment
- Modern office located in the heart of Chatswood
If you are ready for your next challenge and have the above skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?