Group Commercial Accountant
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in surprising and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery funding us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
Plus you’ll be part of a team making a real difference in veterans’ lives.
About the role
RSL Queensland is the largest ex-service organisation in Queensland, with 240 Sub Branches across 10 Districts, offering advice, support and camaraderie to all current and former Australian Defence Force members and their families.
You will use your finance background and strong stakeholder engagement skills to work closely with the Network to streamline existing financial, governance and compliance related activities. You will upskill and empower the Network to achieve their financial and service related goals.
As you work to understand the goals of each district and subbranch, you will also identify new service opportunities, improve and streamline existing offerings, and implement support services to enable Network financial sustainability.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Aid Districts to establish annual operating budgets that tie in with the requirements of the RSL annual budgeting cycle.
- Communicate funding guidelines to Districts and confirm expectations for funding and acquittals, and manage the acquittal of funding as per guidelines and consider ongoing improvement to these programs.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve funding program effectiveness and administration.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders within the Network, to identify the current state of services, aspirations for each and how you can support to bridge these gaps
- Implement a range of services to provide specific Sub-Branch commercial support or general commercial services to enable the Sub-Branch to self-serve.
- Promote and implement these services both externally within Districts and Sub-Branches as well as within the RSLQ – with a goal to foster a heightened understanding of Sub-Branch needs.
This is a brand new role and an exciting opportunity to flex and shape it to the needs of our Network. You will be a highly motivated, energetic and commercially-focused finance or accounting professional who has proven experience coaching and empowering a large group of entities to implement best-practise accounting methods (potentially franchise’s etc). Proven effective stakeholder engagement will be pivotal to the success of this position.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Business, Commerce/Finance – experience in confidently coaching financial concepts, and making data driven decision is important
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar commercial analyst roles, with exposure to organisations within a network
- Demonstrated high-level analytical and research skills, including the ability to analyse complex problems, identify issues, think laterally, and apply analytical, qualitative and research techniques to develop appropriate strategies
- Being flexible and comfortable with ambiguity to support the changing needs of our network
- A pro-active and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, builds relationships with ease
- Strong stakeholder engagement capability
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrates a curious outlook
- Demonstrated ability to take full ownership of responsibilities including managing workload priorities
- Ability to uphold RSL (Queensland Branch)’s values and mission
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a commercial analyst?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with financial analysis and modelling?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?